The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Operation Manly Hamburger  (Read 534 times)

darkstorme

Operation Manly Hamburger
« on: February 05, 2009, 11:40:10 am »
LoadingReadyRun's Morgan takes on the Hamburger in an episode of Man Cooking entitled:

[size=8]The Gigantor[/size]

Warning: This video contains manly amounts of meat.  Vegetarians and those with weak hearts may not wish to watch.  You have been warned.

///

More seriously, it's a really funny video - and don't blame me if you feel the insidious thought creep into your forebrain: "Hey, you know what?  I think I could make this!"

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Operation Manly Hamburger
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 05:01:23 pm »
**(manly) forhead slappage**

Link092

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 05:26:05 pm »
"...And remember, if your girlfriend likes your cooking, YOU'RE DOIN' IT WRONG!!! HAAAAAA!"

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 06:13:20 pm »
AWESOME!  My love of chicken wings and barbecue approves of this recipe.  Like Bjorn and this guy, I'm obsessed with massive, heart-attack inducing meals.  Hey, they way the world's going down the tubes now, odds are we all won't make it till the great meat heart attack anyhow!  Eat! Drink! Smoke! YES!  Lately I found a discount supermarket that sells big hams for 10 bucks.  Breakfast lunch and dinner for 3 days in a row, HAM! AHAHAHHA!  and those boneless country style ribs, 5 bucks!

Here's another manly recipe I found... How to make the Bacon Explosion | eHow.com

Both this and the burger I could tackle in one sitting.  (assuming of course it's sitting in the bathroom and not in a normal chair!)

Funny enough, I tried vegetarianism for 2 years back in college.  Then the PETA vegan girl I was dating decided to cheat on me.  The next day she sees me out in front of the dorm throwing a massive barbecue for like, 40+ people!  She was so upset, she was whining and physically crying about the poor little animals and calling me a horrible nasty liar and fake vegetarian... so I started shoving beef patties and sausages in my mouth laughing maniacally and chasing her around the courtyard until she ran off to her room and cried.  Then the guy she cheated on me with came downstairs and joined us for some burgers! AHAHAHAHA!  TAKE THAT VEGAN WOMAN!  BEEEEEEEF-SPITE!!!!

Nowadays I consume massive quantities of meat products out of love of cholesterol, never again out of spite.  Tis a dishonor to the great steaksauce gods of the barbecue pit.  (though I suppose if it made a vegan cry and made her new boyfriend's kisses taste like meat, the meatlords would approve heartily.  like a Holy Smiting barbecue champion.  Bacon Holy Avenger +5)

Marswipp

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 06:26:39 pm »
"Barecue?"
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

LordCove

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 07:50:18 pm »
.... Im hungry .....

Link092

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 10:37:26 pm »
Quote from: lonnarin

Funny enough, I tried vegetarianism for 2 years back in college.  Then the PETA vegan girl I was dating decided to cheat on me.  The next day she sees me out in front of the dorm throwing a massive barbecue for like, 40+ people!  She was so upset, she was whining and physically crying about the poor little animals and calling me a horrible nasty liar and fake vegetarian... so I started shoving beef patties and sausages in my mouth laughing maniacally and chasing her around the courtyard until she ran off to her room and cried.  Then the guy she cheated on me with came downstairs and joined us for some burgers! AHAHAHAHA!  TAKE THAT VEGAN WOMAN!  BEEEEEEEF-SPITE!!!!

If it's a true story, you are a twisted person.... :D you could have more subtle.

Hellblazer

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 01:09:18 am »
That actually reminds me of the burgers my friends and I used to make when I was a teen... My mom always wondered where all the ground beef she had just bought had vanished too in one day ..*whistles walking off*

Alatriel

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 01:15:42 am »
Umm... if it was just made with beef, A1 and salt and pepper... I've seen a hamburger that big made in my house *points at Aerimor then runs and hides*

lonnarin

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 06:15:59 am »
Oh wow!  I just noticed that their second recipe video on that site also uses the bacon-weave mesh technique as the bacon explosion recipe I just posted!  I've tried it before and it works pretty well, something like 20,000 calories and 400+ grams of fat.  They also use the "Dave's Insanity Sauce" I like to use.  One tiny little drop into a bowl of chili turns it tear-wrenching.  You definitely need to precook the bacon mesh weave in the oven, lest you get salmonella.  I like to save a few pieces from the weave as well, dice them up and mix them in with the ground beef and sausage on the inside.  Unlike their videos though, you really should dice up or mince the garlic.  Kind of kills the whole dish if you just have solid cloves in there, heheh.  I made mine with polska kielbasa ground up in the center with beef and shredded bacon, mixed with garlic, hotsauce and diced vidalia sweet onions, and lots and lots of Emeril's Steak Seasoning.

It hurts man... it hurts.  Had so much left over that after a few meals of it, was chopping it up for pizza toppings.  Of course right now my breakfast lunch and dinner consists of beer and ham.  I'd use it in something else, but I just love ham so much!  Thin slices?  nay lad!  Slice off a spiral steak or two!  Might pick up a loaf of french bread today for lunch with some fixings to turn it into an uber sandwich though.  Having a swiss craving after seeing that swiss roll recipe.

The big notorious dish that frightens people who know my cooking is when I make the seafood pizza.  Crabmeat, black lumpfish caviar, baby shrimp, spinach and octopus.  Sometimes anchovy, but not usually since once you add that, that's all you really get to taste.  Whenever I'm making that all my friends and roommates get all excited "oh wow, FREE pizza for meee!"  Then they take a look, sniff, take a bite, wretch... and it's all MINE! ahahahah! Buy yer own groceries ye pizza pirates! (I refuse to buy or make normal pizza because people automatically assume they get some just because it has slices and that they don't have to pay since they 'just want oooone' between the 6 of em. This is my way of torturing them!)  The cat loves it though, she always gets some. :)  The cajun catfish pizza with swiss cheese and mushrooms... egads man.  Now that was a success.

I blame it all on that wicked game from the 90s, "Pizza Tycoon".  You'd get all kinds of wacky ingredients and the judges and customers would rate them based on combos and aesthetics.  Strangely enough, one of my best-selling pizzas in that game was "Anarchy Goatcheese", tomatoes, goatcheese and sausage all laid out in an Anarchy symbol.  The little pizza judges and customers in that AI must have been insane!  And then you could toss on bananas, kiwis, full lobsters just sitting on top of brie and caviar...  that game rules.  It was less than 1.44mb big and I still play it for hours and hours.

Edit: Also to note, Peanut butter and jelly Dagwood sandwiches are my midnight snack of choice.  Who can eat just one?  make it a quadruple decker!

Thief Of Navarre

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 01:41:06 pm »
    Ahhh, I feel content now: Im not alone anymore in my quest for meat!

jrizz

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 02:07:05 pm »
    @Lon that is just about the best story I have heard in a long time. I love the chasing her around with bbq hanging out of your mouth. Well done!

Lily

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 04:20:02 pm »
    Even though I have to admit it was more or less amusing to watch... I don't get why such things are considered manly.

Well maybe because I am also a vegetarian *winks*

Lord Dark

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 05:55:52 pm »
    :D I love it! Awesome video. It requires the Benford's Man's Kitchen.

Thief Of Navarre

• View Profile
      « Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 11:59:47 am »
      Ive just had some big juicy bratwurst' (well 11 of them) in salted bread (a whole baguette worth) with lots of red onions & seasoning; It wasnt nearly as manly as It could have been but I think I garnered additional points for the onions being raw... perhaps I could coat the bread in mustard powder before cooking next time?

I dont think Ill ever match the Gigantor though :(

anything