The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Procrastination...  (Read 555 times)

Spike

Procrastination...
« on: March 31, 2010, 07:25:17 pm »
Procrastination... I love it so.

It's almost half past midnight here, and I'm staring at my computer screen with dazed eyes. My essay is due in just under 12 hours and I still haven't finished it. I stupidly got Mario kart for my DS yesterday so I'm picking it up every half hour or so and racing away. And now I'm writing a random thread on Layo, and after that I'm going to go look up procrastination on wikipedia... ohh the irony *facepalms*.

So tell me folks, whats your biggest vice when there's work to do?

Ohh, and if anyone could give me roughly 800 words to finish off my essay I'd appreciate it ;) .

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer, Ravemore, Talia, Zoogmunch, geloooo

Spike

Re: Procrastination...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 08:01:31 pm »
Perhaps procrastination isn't so bad after all. In my quest to not do my work I've descovered something that has restored my faith in humanity and is made of pure win.

Behold! Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon... arranged for the NES!

Speak to Me / Breathe / On the Run: YouTube - MOON8 1 of 6 - Speak to Me / Breathe / On the Run

Time / Breathe Reprise: YouTube - MOON8 2 of 6 - Time / Breathe Reprise

The Great Gig in the Sky: YouTube - MOON8 3 of 6 - The Great Gig in the Sky

Money: YouTube - MOON8 4 of 6 - Money

Us and Them: YouTube - MOON8 5 of 6 - Us and Them

Any Colour You Like / Brain Damage / Eclipse: YouTube - MOON8 6 of 6 - Any Colour You Like / Brain Damage / Eclipse

It's well worth a listen if you're a fan of Floyd and/or the NES. Enjoy!

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 05:32:00 am »
Ha ha I know how you feel. I have been packing since 6 pm on Wednesday. I still have like 5 boxes to do.. and to pack my computer and all my recording gear.. and look at what time it is. I'm moving in a few hours lololol. Procrastination Procrastination.. what a beautiful thing hehehehe.

havoc

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 06:00:39 pm »
I have not yet begun to procrastinate!!!!

(personal battle cry)

cbnicholson

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 09:23:55 pm »
Procrastination pays off now..hard work, who the heck knows ~ personal motto. :p
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Pseudonym

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 02:42:19 am »
Quote from: Spike
Procrastination... I love it so.

So tell me folks, whats your biggest vice when there's work to do?

Lonn's suggestions here!

havoc

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 06:03:49 pm »
Snooze alarm.

lonnarin

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 06:17:52 am »
DOSbox Abandonware retro games are my procrastination.  Easy to multitask on the work computer when they only need like, 256k of RAM to run and can be easily minimized.  Extra bonus if they're turn-based.

Playing classic Might and Magic is risky though... hit the pause button and the transaction begins with the "surprised badger" sound.  Luckily we have display model iPads, so I can pretend to "showcase" them... heheheh.  Here. let me show you Plants vs. Zombies....

RollinsCat

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 07:56:38 am »
as soon as I know I have to finish something or someone has a problem I have to fix or the SO is waving a dust rag/dish rag at me expectantly...

...I get a song idea.  Every time.  It's not procrastination - it's ART!

Hellblazer

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 01:23:34 am »
I know how you feel! :P

anything