The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: EarthBoat Race  (Read 178 times)

Mooneyes

EarthBoat Race
« on: May 10, 2008, 03:00:44 pm »
Will it work?  Time will tell. Thoughts? ;)

YouTube - Earth Race

Blades

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
Re: EarthBoat Race
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 03:24:43 pm »
I dont know but it would be cool to own.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 06:12:22 pm »
*Cough* Cool to own? This thing's a multi-million dollar piece of carbon fiber and kevlar.

Though some exceptionally rough seas made things a bit messy in the boat recently.

Still, better than their previous attempts, which were stalled when first) the Colombian navy fired on them, damaging their propellers, and second) they slammed into a fishing boat, injuring one man and losing another at sea (the Earthrace's skip went in after him, but couldn't get to him fast enough).

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 07:33:22 pm »
The Colombian Navy probably took one look at it and thought it was one of those old Soviet submarines used for smuggling.  The design on this thing looks way more like a sub or a spaceship than any kind of normal boat I've seen.  Very sweet piece of engineering.

Mooneyes

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 04:51:05 pm »
Hi fellas!  This boat came through Hawaii and I got a private tour on it.  I hope to have some pics and video up soon. They also said that they were putting together a documentry and Skywatcher and I would be on it.  :)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 04:51:54 pm »
No Fair!  And you didn't Invite any of us!?  For Shame!  :p  Was it cool!?

Mooneyes

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 04:57:17 pm »
It was sooo cool!  Wait till you see the video. I'll  try and send one to you :)

AND......we didn't know it was coming into Honolulu until the last minute.  They said it was supposed to be a covert stop.