The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Starcraft 2 beta keys  (Read 518 times)

Pibemanden

Starcraft 2 beta keys
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:24:34 am »
I have [strike]two[/strike] one spare beta keys for the EU servers if anyone is interested. If you want to try out the game or try to play on the EU servers just shoot me a PM :)

The following users thanked this post: Chazzler, Makashi, Hellblazer, geloooo

Hellblazer

Re: Starcraft 2 beta keys
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 01:29:45 pm »
Looks like a supe up version of starcraft I used to play :) nice.

Pibemanden

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:35:48 pm »
If you want to know more about the game there is of course the official starcraft 2 site

A great place for starcraft news in general are teamliquid

Speaking of teamliquid and starcraft 2, a day[9] a former sc progamer has a great show about learning to play starcraft 2 competetively both for fun and for hardcore people(This show may or may not contain bad words and such please be warned)

And finally if you want to see what starcraft broodwar looks like when it is turned into a national sport there is the old casts from gomtv(*Shakes his fist at kespa for shutting that down*)

And yeah, starcraft 2 has evolved quite a bit, I am pretty sure most semi casual people such as myself would say for the better... I will not be the judge of this applying to the proscene as well.

Makashi

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 12:37:46 pm »
I had to sptop playing BW online due to the skill of opponents reaching a point where all players pretty much follow identical routines for the first few mins, and if you don't play to match their speed for those first few mins, it's game over by the time it hits 5 mins.

I did love how fast paced BW was compared to most over strategies though, kind of contradicting myself in a way I guess with the previous point, but it still has an edge over most strategy games to date.

Occasionally have to watch old Boxer replays - surely you know who that is pibe? :)

Filatus

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 01:14:06 pm »
I've had a few wins on ICCup,.. heh, insane pace. Even at D- I found the skill of all players very good. Starting minutes is actually doable, because it's fixed steps, 9 pylon 12 gateway etc. After that it is hard to keep up with scouting, recognizing buildorders of the opponents etc. I'm so not going through all that again with SC2!

Pibemanden

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 01:29:54 pm »
Quote from: Filatus
I've had a few wins on ICCup,.. heh, insane pace. Even at D- I found the skill of all players very good. Starting minutes is actually doable, because it's fixed steps, 9 pylon 12 gateway etc. After that it is hard to keep up with scouting, recognizing buildorders of the opponents etc. I'm so not going through all that again with SC2!

Yeah I have to say that the EU ladder isn't really for the people who doesn't want to at least try to keep up with something like that. I am by no means perfect now, silver level player with around 60 apm average, but I enjoy it because I still have somewhat of a chance... And hey if you don't want to go crazy with build orders and such there is always 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 which gets more and more fun as the number of people in the game increase :p

Quote from: Makashi
Occasionally have to watch old Boxer replays - surely you know who that is pibe? :)

Yeah of course... Although I stopped watching Starcraft after gom got shut down, hopefully they will be back in august with English casting again so I can watch Jaedong annihilate some poor Koreans ;)

PS: I am not sure if it is clear from the original post, but the key are for the EU servers, this does not mean that you can't use them if you aren't from Europe!

anything