The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Sounds of the Dire Woods  (Read 211 times)

thekevmon

Sounds of the Dire Woods
« on: August 18, 2005, 10:03:00 am »
If anyone else on this server is like me, they find the moaning and screaming in the Dire Woods more than a little disturbing. Well, I've thought of a possible new soundtrack to it. Check whichever option you think is better. If you have other ideas, please add them.:)

EdTheKet

RE: Sounds of the Dire Woods
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 10:54:00 am »
"This strange, hilly land in south Mistone is named the Dire Woods because of a legendary massacre of humans that caused the soil to redden. Once a frenzied and ever-expanding area of chaotic, inexplicable magic, centuries of relative peace have stablized the unpredictable forces, though the weather here remains charged by the old magical field and bears no resemblance to that of the outside world. During its expansion, the Dire Wood's boundaries were marked by black, petrified trees."
  Hence, keep it as is.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 10:35:00 pm »
I voted ghostbusters.

But I'm really just kidding.  I cant acctually visualize er.. Audiolize what sounds there are there.

-TV

steverimmer

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 02:55:00 am »
thekevmon - 8/18/2005  6:03 PM

If anyone else on this server is like me, they find the moaning and screaming in the Dire Woods more than a little disturbing.

heh I thought that was the idea :)

Meizter

• Followers of Mist
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 02:56:00 am »
I like it the way it is...gives a nice touch to the place

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 04:59:00 am »
aye *nods in agreement with Meizter* this sound fits the Dire Woods really good, well, Ghostbusters is a nice song, but I don't think it would fit in there ;) so keep it as it is.

Bye, Lord of the Forest

Ne'er

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 12:04:00 pm »
While I agree that the current sounds set does give the place a nice touch, just once I want to walk in and hear the Ghostbusters theme song playing while I'm beating down the wraiths, spectres and shadows in the woods.