The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Folk who think D&D is Satanic...  (Read 538 times)

lonnarin

The Folk who think D&D is Satanic...
« on: December 07, 2005, 02:24:00 pm »
I never believed in demonic possession until I looked into this woman's eyes.

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Trading-Spouses1.wmv

Funny, wasn't gluttony listed as one of the 7 deadly sins?  This one has about 150lbs on Bjornigar. :)

if the link doesn't work from the forum, just copy and paste into the address bar

OneST8

RE: The Folk who think D&D is Satanic...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 02:43:00 pm »
holy moly that lady is crazy!

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 03:27:00 pm »
Heh I had the pleasure of bringing that fine program to the greater mid michigan area.

Thunder Pants

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 03:54:00 pm »
lonnarin - 12/7/2005  2:24 PM

I never believed in demonic possession until I looked into this woman's eyes.

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Trading-Spouses1.wmv

Funny, wasn't gluttony listed as one of the 7 deadly sins?  This one has about 150lbs on Bjornigar. :)

if the link doesn't work from the forum, just copy and paste into the address bar

if you read the bit at the end she used a bunch of the money they were given (20%) for gastric bypass surgery, so it's not like she wasn't aware of the health risk she was at

i just find it funny that people often forget that there are psycho's like this on both sides of the religion berriors, i mean i know there has to be some non christians that are just as fanatical as that lady

NitaThompson

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 03:56:00 pm »
    Okay.. we know that she must be related to someone here   lol!
      Off camera she goes back and opens her D&D GM Guide and logs on to take it out on the innocent players...

NEXUS7

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 04:09:00 pm »
    Im saying nothiing

*Locks him self in a small room safly out of the way of this one*

Red Monkey

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 04:09:00 pm »
    This explains the odd things being said by the Red Light goblins as I tried to sneak past them...
      Gave me cold chills it did.

tom bombadill

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 07:11:00 pm »
    thats sad that those kids have here as role model and a mother. guess she forgot when she was was praying that Faith works by Love. *shrugs* nothin new really tho.

Eloyn

• Followers of Az'atta
      • Followers of Mist
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 08:57:00 pm »
    I've never seen someone so crazy about religion before.  Thats was true insanity heh.

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 08:31:00 am »
    I don't even need to read it, though I can understand how some people righty fear an influence. I knew my Uncles best friend when I was a kid, he started playing DnD and, unfortunatly, it consumed him in ways you wouldn't think possible. He's branched out from there and is deep into occultic mysticysm (I hate that word... actualy... I hate any word I can't readily spell... like all of them).

Besides, demonic influence, or possession isn't at all like what you see in movies or on tv. It doesn't pop up in obvious ways with screaming furniture or some such thing. It is dangerous, most anyone can tell when an area or person isn't right. It doesn't take a satanic ritual to possess an area or person, people by their actions and desires can invite the trouble. It's unfortunate when certain people run around saying they are Christian and then do the wackiest crap you've ever seen, making a spectacle of themselves and, ultimatly, God.

Unfortunatly, in our world Evil does not wear black armour or robes with undead minions following. It dazzels us with it's beauty, seduces us with it's ease. Evil stands before us and promises us our dreams if we only make a small sacrafice here or there. Nothing major, just don't care so much about that other people around you. Besides the obvious examples of drugs, sex, and money... there are many examples of how Evil moves around in our everyday lives in small ways, often pushing us twords the larger jumps. Some of us see these cajolings for what they are and walk away, others jump head long hoping to find something exciting or new.

Any how, this isn't really the place for this kind of talk. We come here to play and laugh not to discuss politics or religion. To finish my point, I've seen some DnD books a friend has some really old stuff that brings alot of mysticism into the game. You have to actualy prepare your spells and do the ritual in real life, and advanced version required that you take the game to the world more or less like LARP only the line between game and reality is blurred. That kind of thing is wrong, games are never ment to blurr into reality or take it's place. They are diversions, social foci, instructional tools, etcetera. Any how, just a small sample of what I think on this topic any further and I'll be writing whole novels on the subject.. gah.. I hate it when I do that.

Red Monkey

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 09:03:00 am »
    Besides, when you hear of someone admitting or discussing worshipping the devil or any clear malevolent force this comes to mind:
      You do know...sir/madam...you have backed a LOSING horse.  Classically speaking. I laugh at you and all your supposed accomplishments
      But you are correct, no need to get deeper than that here.
      *blinks* I just realized the size and clarity of your post Doc....I believe your lauded wackiness is a ruse sir!

blonde

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 09:51:00 am »
    YOU ARE ALL DORK-SIDED! NWN is eeeeevil!

Gahh, she must be acting...

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 09:57:00 am »
    *smiles slightly* Obfuscationaly speaking our feramonial equalibrium has been reproquiticly subjugated to the willey power of fondu flowers and steel chairs.

Tedulas

• View Profile
      « Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 09:59:00 am »
      Heh, one thing, who decides what is good and evil? Also, I can't see the video, unless it's suppose to be an article.

Figured it out, nevermind.

He watches the video

Blimy, that IS real...I thought it was acting at first, but she had some completely irrational beliefs. I didn't mind that she believed in Jesus Christ etc...but saying someone who DOESN'T follow Jesus Christ, they're evil? So, how does that work? What if you follow Jesus Christ and did evil? I don't believe in Jesus Christ I have different views of everything, but it is scary about that woman...
      But, at the end it showed money and what it was spent on. Someone explain that to me please? Did she like give all her money away?

Red Monkey

• Followers of Toran
        • View Profile
      « Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 10:00:00 am »
      Oh nevermind then, it must have been a bit of undigested potato or oatmeal disturbing my perceptions.

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 10:33:00 am »
      *rubs hands gleefuly* They'll never find out... mu hAHAHAHAHAHAHHA*cough*haaa *cough* gaa*sputter*... note to self... do not laugh maniacly with gum in your mouth....

Eloyn

• Followers of Az'atta
        • Followers of Mist
        • View Profile
      « Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 11:53:00 am »
      Well I happen to be Christian, and for those who study the bible it is rightly impossible not to sin....So according to the bible we are all evil....Not nessicarely evil, but sinful and not a follower.  We are supposed to pray for these people that they join us so they can live a propper life.  But since Christians sin even though they're part of the religion (its impossible not to sin) we are all,  in a way, evil.

lonnarin

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 02:06:00 pm »
      Speaking as a psychologist, this woman is far from a prototypical example of a Christian.  Not many fundamentalists are.  When you clutch the bible and believe in literal meanings like the world being created in 7 days and that there once were real giants and dragons roaming the world, you are likely schitzotypal with severe paranoid delusions about a world out to get you.

Trust me, this woman may mutter she believes in Jesus and the like, but from the look in her eyes and her unpredictable and feral outbursts, she doesn't even know what room she's in, let alone being sane enough to fully appreciate a religion.  Sad really, you can tell by the looks in her familys' eyes that she wasn't always that bad.  Likely something tramautic happened to her and she latched onto her belief system to block out the rest of the world.

She definitely seems paranoid and full of rage.  Likely some metalhead in a Dio shirt skipped her in line at the grocery store when she was buying a cart full of twinkies.

Red Monkey

• Followers of Toran
        • View Profile
      « Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 02:07:00 pm »
      Kiss this thread goodbye.....*runs for his life*

lonnarin

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 02:10:00 pm »
      lol, you're a very skittish little red monkey :)

Worry not...  She shall not eat you today.

anything