The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Tree  (Read 309 times)

Grid Blader

The Tree
« on: December 12, 2009, 07:30:01 pm »
Well we when out shoping for the best christmas tree we could find.  3 stores and 4 lots later.  (Just keep repeating I love my wife over and over in my head).  We finnaly found one.  Payed for it, throw it in the back of the truck and drove it home.  Did not by the stand for the tree. 1 there just to darn much, and 2 I own to many stands.  One of the stands I owen got to fit right?

Got it home followed the instruction telling me to cut 2 inchs off the bottom of the tree.  Pulled out the many base I own.  Looked at the base of the tree and then the tree bace holder.  Scrach my head, grab the biggest base I got.  Too small for the base of the truck of the tree.  Trim the brak down from the trunk.  Still to big....

Get back in to the truck drive back to the tree lot get a bigger base.  Ouch they charge more when you dont buy it with the tree.  Ask if it not to late to return the tree I bough from them earily.  Got Laughed at.  Drove home.  Go to put the base on and what do you know two of the tree branchs are in the way by 2 inchs to seat the tree in to the base.

I cut the two branchs off put the base on.  I stand the tree upright to tighten the eye bolts in to place to keep the tree up right in the base.  I figure out a problem.  The two branchs I trimed off, left two gapping holes in the tree now.  So I flip the tree back overcut some more off this tree.  It was a 8 foot tall tree before I started.  

A very long story, but I trimed some here and some there stood the tree up put it back down, trimed more.......

The tree is know ruffly 5 foot tall (Wife and kids not to happy about).  Give or take a few inchs.  No major holes in the tree (makes wife really happy).  But the new base I bough is now to big.  I used the first base I pulled out.  I will save the bigger base for next year.  (makes me and my pocket book very unhappy).  

Just though I would share this...  Maybe this will bring a smile to someone's face, and brighten there day..

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, Chazzler, Lord Dark, cbnicholson, Hellblazer, thedagda, ystrday, davidhoff

Kenderfriend

Re: The Tree
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 06:46:47 am »
Hehe

We've had the same green plastic tree from B&Q for as long as I can remember and it's still fine, the only problems we get are the lights never work!

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 07:31:48 am »
Ah yes about 15 years ago I bought really pricey (500$) plastic realistic looking tree. (with the decorations on, no one could tell unless they got close to inspect the pines) in any case, gave it to my mother, she still uses it, and it still look as if it was just out of the box.

davidhoff

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 08:43:07 am »
I can smell the fresh cut scent of Frazier Fur, the feel of icky sap stuck to the insides of my fingers, and the itch of needles under my shirt around my neckline.  Thank you for reminding me it's Christmas time:)

I can't wait for some heavily spiked Egg Nog!

anything