The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Witcher 2 - Something lots of you may be interested in  (Read 439 times)

Makashi

The Witcher 2 - Something lots of you may be interested in
« on: September 25, 2011, 09:26:48 am »
Just making a quick post about this, I played the game through once about 4 or 5 months ago, and being honest, it's one of the best single player RPGs i've played to date.

Very detailed, very diverse, and a unique combat system that works very well, my chapter 2 was completely different to my friends, and neither of us got to eachothers areas we ended up in.

Never played the first one, but might have to.

Heres a link to a trailer that sums up the basic plot line.

The Witcher 2 - PC - World of The Witcher - YouTube

The following users thanked this post: Dezza, cbnicholson

cbnicholson

Re: The Witcher 2 - Something lots of you may be interested in
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 08:31:52 pm »
I'm hearing some very exciting things from gamer friends about it..but frankly, I'm still addicted to a certain nwn persistent world. Who has the time?!
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Dremora

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 05:57:26 am »
Witcher One is just as diverse, even if its an older game and obvious issues come from that. Subtle choices affect and change the plot as often as big ones.  Actually I would say that Witcher One is both longer and shows you a wider number of areas + monsters.
I felt Witcher 2 got completed abit too quick even if it was great.
I would certainly advise playing it though you'll find the combat system from Witcher Two was redesigned. After playing Witcher One, Witcher 2 threw when it came to combat, even if I had imported my character and some decent weapons and armor lol.

Scoia'tael all the way! *puts on bandanna and his squirrel tail fur cap*

Dremora

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 05:58:50 am »
You can find the time to play it during those moments in layo where you find yourself without anything else to do and so you either grind or craft?
More fun and it'll make the game last substantially longer if your still mainly playing Layo :P

anything