The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: 05/30/2012 8:22a central - Spawns on Central  (Read 1022 times)

Anamnesis

05/30/2012 8:22a central - Spawns on Central
« on: May 30, 2012, 09:27:24 am »
I was just going through trying to collect a few things with Cord, around 6:46a my time I went through to collect some chestnuts, rye and salt, picked up a few ginseng as well and as of the time of this post almost 2 hours later 8:22a central, the cnr has not spawned back.

I spoke with the one other player on the server, Mix and he was not collecting anything in the area.

I encountered this problem with the Salt and Ginseng too, so either the cnr spawns in this area are bugged/broken or the server may possibly need a reset. Uncertain....
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Dorganath

Re: 05/30/2012 8:22a central - Spawns on Central
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 09:45:24 am »
It's intentional. They are respawning, but more patience is required.

There's a famine. Have you heard?

Aphel

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 11:13:07 am »
Is this affecting the spawn rates at West as well?

Anamnesis

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 11:16:30 am »
almost 2 hours though, is my question? and Aphel is right, its not effecting the server the famine was first reported on...
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 11:25:32 am »
As the feeling of the world, the famine is getting worse with the seasons to pass, why people is suffering hunger,. If the cnr avaliable to the PC Population as well, it would not be realistic, The population would simply do "Crafting cooking" and do food without really looking as if there is any problem and the players "magically" producing food.

The intent behind this descision is to make things feel real and I would really expected that the price of crops sold by players and guilds would raise to show the lack of food. So it would work as the actuall economy ironically.

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 11:27:41 am »
The famine is global.

Yes, two hours.

It is a meaningful and impacting way to reflect a decreasing food supply.  It surely got your attention! Otherwise, the adventuring population would just go around harvesting CNR like always and miraculously provide soup kitchens and food drives using resources that no one else can get.  Doesn't quite make sense that the world is beginning to worry about its next meal and adventurers can go about mass-producing pies, does it? *winks*

Anamnesis

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 11:29:03 am »
I do not have a problem with the intent and I think its great because you are right, it should reflect in the prices that guilds offer for what food they are able to collect.

My point is that this should be reflected more accurately across both servers and its not.
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 11:29:33 am »
*grins as he moves away of the post after reading Dorg's post*

Anamnesis

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 11:32:39 am »
The famine first reported itself on West... yet west IS NOT showing the same problem that central is. if the intent is to accurately and realistically represent it, I am asking that you keep in mind that it is not.
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

Aphel

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 11:34:32 am »
It's not a problem (bug!), it's a feature!

*ducks and runs*

Dorganath

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 11:43:53 am »
Quote from: Anamnesis
The famine first reported itself on West... yet west IS NOT showing the same problem that central is. if the intent is to accurately and realistically represent it, I am asking that you keep in mind that it is not.

First reported. Yes.  It is also now being reported on Central. It has spread.

Keep in mind, the GM team, and specifically the GM who asked me to do this, has more information than the bulk of the player base on the nature and extent of the famine.  

The respawn times have been creeping upward for the last few months. Yes, really.  Only just recently have they spiked to reflect matters getting worse.

I know it's an inconvenience...even an annoyance.  

That's the point!

ADDENDUM: If West is not showing such delays, then THAT is the problem, not Central.

Guardian 452

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 11:47:18 am »
What is this famine of which you speak? ;)

Avengers Assemble!

Dorganath

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 08:35:55 pm »
Update:

I have just been watching some CNR I picked on West for the last hour and a half, and it has not yet respawned. It does not appear to be significantly out of step with what is happening on Central. If anyone's observations of respawn times on West were made prior to last night's restart (related to this post), it's likely that the respawn times were different prior to the restart.

EDIT:  Confirmed the full respawn time is as configured, right down to the second, on West and Central.  This is working as intended. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your famine.

Guardian 452

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 10:26:06 pm »
Quote from: Dorganath
Update:
 Thank you and enjoy the rest of your famine.

*blinks* Did he just say?.... yeah he did. That one is going in the quote bin. thanks big D

mixafix

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 03:35:47 am »
I appreciate a lot of the effects that appear in game as a result of player action/plots/events are often inconvenient one way or another but it is great to see the world breathe like this and reflect player action in game and brings the server to life -so excellent!

Gather away.