The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Important: House Cleanup  (Read 1072 times)

Hellblazer

Re: Important: House Cleanup
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 07:45:01 pm »
That's why the portal of the stormcrest, dalanthar and the portal near the thorn river cost money. Because they bring someone directly to a specific point rather than the general use of all portals brigning them all the same three locations. But yeah if there was an other portal in half lake and hlint with a lower amount of gold than 300, I would be using them too.

There is also the fact that we don't take in Rp wise that the person that put them then charges that fee, while those that set it in the houses took the whole burden of the cost on their back, letting people use the protal freely. If you take the weary traverlers though, they charge 10 GP to ge the key that leads to the portal.

EdTheKet

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 01:47:17 pm »
Seeing this a bit late!

Regarding 105 Hlint, that's Reventage's and Brac has a key.
The conversation with the door says he has a key, but when I choose to unlock the door I get the message the key does not work.

Brac's tome is bound inside 105 Hlint, so I can get in, but not through the door :)

Falonthas

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 01:28:02 pm »
last time i checked those fancy wooden sailing things cost alot less then 300 true to go from place to place

unless of course all them ancient peoples cant haul their old bones onto the dock

Script Wrecked

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 01:59:53 pm »
Anything to reduce the number of area transitions, dude.

deagle

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 01:46:31 pm »
Orth,

Unfortunately RL has kept me from playing for awhile but I do get chances to pop into the forums and game from time to time though it may be very little time.

140 is owned by my character Twixel, I would like to request that he keeps the house.

I do plan on returning to Layo once RL permits...I have been a player since 2004 and still really enjoy the game.

Thanks,
 Deagle

osxmallard

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 06:05:28 am »
I am on the East coast in school which switches between classroom and at sea time (and my internet is terrible here).  I will be back to Layo when I return to Hawaii in July and ask that you don't put 107 Hemp back on the market yet, as Lillian will pay for the deed when I return.  The house is owned by Freldo who left a few years back but Lillian has lived there since it was originally bought in East Hlint.

Thanks.

- osX

Script Wrecked

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2009, 09:35:42 am »
With Dorganath's help, 251 has be cleared out and is available to be put on the market.

For Sale: a lovely semi sunken five bedroom house in the style of the west side of the Haft Lake municipality, with generous kitchen, lounge, storage room, and extensive hall/dining area.

Viewing times Mulnari to Freas. Please see the local agent in Prantz to arrange an appointment.

As the current owner no longer plays, I'm assuming the proceeds of the sale will go to the Farstrider's worthy cause of choice.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2009, 08:22:42 am »
I think the two weeks is up.  ;)

Leanthar

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009, 08:34:30 am »
Alrighty. I will get with orth and dorganath today or tomorrow and get this completed. Thanks for all of the input and thought. We will decide what we feel is the best solution and get this moving foward. Thread is closed. Orth or Dorg will make a final post here when this task is completed.

orth

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2009, 01:58:00 am »
Well I still need this thread to manage problems and report houses going up for sale, so I'm opening it back up.

7 houses were returned to the market. Around 20 more will be returned sporadically at different times of the day over the next couple days.

orth

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2009, 03:30:36 pm »
Six more houses were released to the market.

orth

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2009, 10:29:42 pm »
7 more houses were released to the market.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2009, 12:36:59 am »
So, for those whom haven't bought a house before, is it just a question of speaking to the local real estate agent NPC with the readies in hand to A) find out what is available, and B) purchase a house? Are houses for sale unlocked and thus you can view the house interior yourself at any time?

Dorganath

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2009, 03:09:40 am »
A) Yes
B) Yes

As for unlocked: No, but you can ask a GM to give you a tour.  You'll find though that most are the same or similar.  There are only a few basic designs unless you happen to get one that's been remodeled.

ShiffDrgnhrt

I had some questions about
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2015, 05:49:27 pm »

I had some questions about old housing.  Shiff his a key to a house owned by deagle's pc Starr Sapphire, but not sure if he's been able to come back.  I saw his post in this thread from 6 years ago and was wondering what if anything I might be able to do with the house if I can't get in touch with him.  I sent him a PM today.

Dorganath

ShiffDrgnhrt wrote:I had some
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2015, 09:05:26 pm »

Quote from: "ShiffDrgnhrt"&cid="2758247"

I had some questions about old housing.  Shiff his a key to a house owned by deagle's pc Starr Sapphire, but not sure if he's been able to come back.  I saw his post in this thread from 6 years ago and was wondering what if anything I might be able to do with the house if I can't get in touch with him.  I sent him a PM today.

Typically speaking if the owner of the house has been inactive for a while and no one with a reasonable claim can come forward, the house is eventually returned to the market. As I did a housing sweep somewhat more recently than 6 years ago and the house I assume you are speaking of is still owned by said character (based on our database), I can assume that there was some request to keep it off the list.

Either that or I somehow missed it.

Regardless, changes in ownership go through the usual request/grievance process. This generally requires the consent of the current owner. In the absence of that and in the absence of a strong case in support of transfer, the transfer is not approved and the house is returned to the market.

anything