The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Few Thank You's!! -- Much Deserved I Might Add  (Read 709 times)

Leanthar

A Few Thank You's!! -- Much Deserved I Might Add
« on: February 22, 2006, 11:35:32 am »
Most everybody knows what the Quest GM’s go through to bring quests to the players day-in and day-out every single month. Most everybody knows what the Project Team goes through to bring content updates, bug fixes, and more RP tools/abilities every month. Most everybody knows what the Writers Team goes through to keep the world evolving and the history and lore to remain fresh and engaging—as well as accurate. Well—I hope everybody knows what these guys and gals go through—if not please step back and think about how big of a job it would be (considering it is all volunteer). But what many of you do not know is how many volunteers go above and beyond the call of duty just to ensure that players within the community are able to have as much fun as possible within the world. I know I do not have everybody covered here, and I also know that I could (and probably should!) take a moment to thank each team member individually but I want to touch on these individuals because I think most people do not see what they do over a given period of time. Or if they do recognize the contribution, it is quickly forgotten in the flood of quests, content updates, as well as the history and lore updates that happen so frequently in the world. So… with that said I want to say thank you to everybody on every team because without you Layonara would be less than 1% of what it is today and that is no doubt. I am quite sure everybody in the community agrees with that statement. Everybody on the teams has proven themselves time and again and it continues to show. Now on to the individual thanks. Icedragonduvessa Did you know that she built 90% (plus) of the planes server? That’s right, for many months now she has been spending a lot of time building areas and defining the planes for Layonara, as well as other questing dungeons and areas. Because of this we now have portals to planes and we are now able to travel the planes across many areas that represent individual planes, not just a few small areas at a time. She is also the one that tends to fix broken areas, broken encampments, as well as balance out areas and encounters. She is also the one that tends to go back and fix up the dungeons and such once the plot stuff has been run through them, making them available for every day adventure. She does this so that players do not need to go team up with 8+ (or so) epic characters just to make it through—though balanced parties are still required. She does her PR work as well and that takes a large amount of time. So thank you Ice, you do a lot for the world while remaining in the background and much of what you do is not noticed very often—but never-the-less I do want you to know that we all appreciate it. Minerva Minerva does so many things in the background and I bet nobody knows what she even does. She is the one that has essentially taken over on the forums and started reorganizing them, working to make our job easier in tracking forum posts, concerns etc. She has done a lot with character approvals, deity forums, as well as guild forums and everything she has done has helped other GM’s to be able to concentrate on questing, project team work, and allowing players to have fun in the world. On top of all of this she also helps out Ice with the PR stuff. Everything she has done has helped the team to perform better in our most important duty—serving the players. While this is indeed what she was brought on the team to do I wanted to thank her because she has done a top notch job and it has helped so much that I actually feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Talan This guy does so much work on LORE and he has helped in such a large way that now both OneST8 and Orth are be able to concentrate on the nitty-gritty things—new systems and more RP systems so that players can remain immersed in the world. He has been a huge help for the teams as well as working on new pages so that players will be able to find things much easier as the world progresses and moves forward. He does this while continuing to do his Project Team work. Wintersheart He has taken on a duty that, to put mildly, is not fun and not rewarding! He has taken on the disputes area of the world so that Rhizome could have a much needed and deserved rest and has done a top notch job. This new duty has to be one of the worst things that a GM has to do because of the nature of the duty and he has stepped up to the plate and done a really good job. Meizter Meizter has created some fantastic movies and his talent shines through on them. Creating movies takes a lot of extra work and dedication, but they are also needed in order to create PR as well as a history for the players to remember and to engage themselves with. He did this while also taking on the Quest GM duties during the movie making. Rasterick Rasterick has a knack for making fantastic maps; thank goodness he really enjoys it too! He continues to work on some really cool maps that will do nothing but make Layonara better, more immersive, more descriptive and the information easier to locate. Great stuff and I look forward to seeing all of your future work.  This is the part where I need to say again that I want to thank everybody who continues to volunteer their time to make the world better and to serve the players. The players and I can not thank each of you enough. To those mentioned above for going beyond the call of duty, thank you.

Nyralotep

Re: A Few Thank You's!! -- Much Deserved I Might Add
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 12:06:21 pm »
*a hearty round of applause for all concerned*  Thanks for your time to help build out the world!

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 12:17:20 pm »
*I smile and take a deep breath, thinking back over the year that I've been hanging out around Layo, all the good times, and even better friends, and I am left speechless as I consider all the work that has been done to give me that opportunity*

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 12:24:46 pm »
Thanks everyone! Your dedication and work will not be forgotten. :)

KageKeeper

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 12:29:53 pm »
Indeed!

Thanks to all our hard-working individuals that make Layonara what it is!

Filatus

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 12:37:38 pm »
Much appreciated indeed. :)

regnus

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 12:42:21 pm »
*stands and applauds*

You guys rock.

OneST8

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 12:50:26 pm »
I most certainly appreciate all you guys and gals do!

Keep up the excellent work!

*applauds*

Dorganath

RE: A Few Thank You's!! -- Much Deserved I Might Add
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 01:06:19 pm »
Certainly well-deserved kudos! *stands and claps*

EdTheKet

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 01:07:25 pm »
*joins the applause*

jjkolb

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 01:18:39 pm »
*Stands, joins the roaring applause, and adds a sharp whistle or two.*

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 01:35:30 pm »
*stands up and applauds aswell*

Thank you! You guys definately rock! :)

Serissa

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 01:45:56 pm »
Stands and applauds!  Thank you each and all!

akata

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 01:56:21 pm »
*smiles* aye great work everyone, we would'nt be here if it was'nt for all of you  :)

DMOE

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 02:05:25 pm »
Aye...Thank you all for the very hard work we don't see!!!!

aragwen

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 02:25:03 pm »
*joins the cheering* well done all....and keep it up....much appreciated!!

Variable

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 03:22:50 pm »
*claps* Good Job Guys

You are Awesome!

dadunmir

• Followers of Mist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 04:38:51 pm »
*applauds* It continues to be a great team.  Good job and a big thank you.

Weeblie

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 04:00:57 am »
Excellent job!

xXDenizeNXx

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 08:23:24 am »
a big stomp and clap and whistle for those guys/gals a big part of what makes this place truly amazing.

anything