The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A note on future updates  (Read 876 times)

Dorganath

A note on future updates
« on: November 06, 2010, 12:41:47 pm »
Hello Layonara Community,

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm trying something different with the way I've done updates.  To put it briefly, I'm going to try doing smaller, more frequent updates.  Some of them may also be "stealth" updates, meaning that I may not announce them at all.  Others may be quick-fix updates, such as those I have done since 3.30 has gone online.

So what does this mean?

Well, I'm not making any guarantees, but simple changes and quick fixes will hopefully find their way into play more quickly. Also, I'm hoping to keep better pace with plot-relevant changes as well as possibly add some unexpected variability into the world. Such things may not be frequent, as it is still subject to my rather full schedule. However, this is my intent, and I wanted to let you, the community, to know what is going on, so that when you go on your "usual" and find bugbears instead of ogres, for example, you will know why.

We'll see how it goes, I guess!

jadewillow

Re: A note on future updates
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 01:14:22 pm »
I look forward to them. I think it's a great way to spice things up a bit more frequently.

Thanks!

Ravemore

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 02:32:16 pm »
Woohoo! Thanks. :-)

Mooneyes

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 06:03:46 pm »
I would say that is "alot" of "thanks". You guys still competing or what? :)

Chazzler

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 10:35:17 am »
Sounds neat!

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 10:53:30 am »
Thanks Dorg.  It undoubtably means a more constant work-load for you, but I appreciate the effort to make the game-world more fluid and responsive to change.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 11:14:22 am »
Very cool.

Tanman

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 03:30:20 am »
Very cool indeed. I like it, especially the stealth updates.

anything