The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A PM from Equinox/jimmydcricket  (Read 2056 times)

Leanthar

A PM from Equinox/jimmydcricket
« on: May 08, 2005, 02:35:00 pm »
Alright folks, I would like your thoughts and input please.  This is also a heads up.
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Hey Leanthar, too bad this is during peak time so you can't censor it. *chuckles* You always were stupid.   Remember me? I told you, that you would be the one to burry Layo. Heck man, I seen your serv stats, half your GM/DM Team has left you. Ozy has always been my bud, and you and I both know that he can be a loose cannon. You really think you can afford to lose someone not only like me, but him? Give me a break ya loser!   Yeah that's right L, I called you a loser, you Ban me, and you can't keep me off 2 weeks later. I'll let you in on a little secret bro. Both me and Ozy coded the new bioware infinity engine for BG2, and helped debug NWN for bioware. That and I'm also one of the "Big Kahunas" on the net. You know what I expect from you before I burry your ass and make you lose 30+ players?   I want you to:   a) Re-instate Equinox2032 on the forums  b) Issue a PUBLIC apology to him   You know why? Because if you don't, You can ban this ip all you want, Ask Ozy how good SirNarf is, I can bounce through AOL bro and you'd never track or ban me, and keep reaping on you. You don't do that, and I will burry Layo. Good luck trying to stop me.   Oh and that crap about PoB, Shiva talked to him twice in his entire time here. You're so full of it. I want a public apology, you give me that, you let me back on (Or yeah, I can bounce my cd key and you'd never know it, ask ozy) and all debts are forgiven. Otherwise, say goodbye to layo L. I told you straight out before you erased it: You want to go tic-for-tac with me L, I can do that. I wasn't lying bro.   This is your ultimatum, meet my terms, or I'll burry you and see your dream fade like a fart in a windstorm.   Feel free to trace the e-mail on this and send me a reply. I'm game bro, not like you could ever trace me fully if you wanted. And don't even think of sending your dogs on me. I got 10 years *nix xp on your bum. Good luck.   Meet my terms and this can all disappear. You picked the wrong guy to mess with. Oh by the way, you ever heard of http://www.normorepasting.com ? Yeah, I got fraps vid's uploaded there. Good luck. Give me what I ask and it can all blow away.   Oh, and L, I want a posting of the e-mail sending you give me on the forums, and yea, Ask orth what Equinox's avatar was. He'll tell you straight out: The FreeBSD Devil. You ask him what that is, he'll tell you. FreeBSD is the only TRUE UNIX variant left.   I never once screwed you Leanthar, yet you screwed me. This is my pay back, I'll suck everything away from you and burry your dream. Or you can simply send me an e-mail (here I'll make it simple: SirNarf42@hotmail.com) post that, and I'll confirm, and you can delete this post all you want.   -Equinox2032-  -SirNarf-  -Dashiva Elendil-  -Toman Adenith-

Guardian 452

RE: A PM from Equinox/jimmydcricket
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 02:54:00 pm »
My thoughts?

It is a sad to see what extent people will go to to be an A$$.

and how much more of an A$$ they make of themselves in the process.

That is my thought.

Do us and the world a favor and stop wasting Bandwith and Oxygen.

Bye!

Thunder Pants

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 02:58:00 pm »
well i thought he sounded misguided and dumb before you banned him, and now i guess this proves it.....honestly it sounds like he is just talking himself up to sound hardcore, and in the process makes himself look like an idiot....... i say keep him banned, but then thats just me

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 03:00:00 pm »
Twenty minutes later, I'm still trying to figure out whats wrong with this person...

Equinox, if you act how you did (and continue to act) here in any social circle, you will be ostracized from it.

Please turn off your computer, go outside, and learn some social skills.

You sound like a child who was given a time out and is throwing a temper tantrum.

Also... making everyone hate you is really a bad way to gain acceptance into a group.  It is the same mistake that school yard bullies make when they think that by bullying the other children they will somehow gain acceptance and feel less alone.  It doesn't work.

I hope to never have any interaction with this person again.

Ozy_Llewellyn

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 03:08:00 pm »
Interesting. *Spins a few text logs and a few vid's not to mention a few things people have sent him e-mail over*

I am very disapointed with behavior thus far. *Walks off shakeing his head to go decide what it is he will chose to beleave as right*

Decius

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 03:12:00 pm »
God this makes me mad! I think you have done the only right thing Leanthar. I support you fully.

Equinox, you stupid antisocial moron. Do you seriously think anyone would want to play with you if you ever showed up again. I have never met anyone on Layonara so full of himself like you. You really need to learn something empathy and about basic courtesy. It's time for you to move on.

Gilrod

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 03:14:00 pm »
Sounds like extortion to me.

Whether he was morally right before or not (do not know all the facts), resorting to extortion destroys ANY crediblity he MAY have had in my book.  People who resort to such tatics, even when they are morally right are disturbed.  In the real world, they are normally known as terrorists.

My two cents.

s0ulz

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 03:16:00 pm »
Alright... that guy ain't straight.. seriously why does he care about it that much? This kind of behaviour is typical on the Internet where every second guy just happens to be the 1337est hacker ever. He might be, but hey, why ruin something for others if he can't even accept the simple fact that he was banned.. that wasn't for no reason you know...
*shrugs*
I would ban his A$$ once more to be sure... full of it!

steverimmer

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 03:32:00 pm »
Well it seems to me that he's desperate to get back on...either because of the excellence of Layonara itself or as a wounded pride thing.  I suspect its a mixture of both.  Well although I missed the reasons for banning him in the first place, from the tone of this posting it seems to me that it would be very hard for people to accept him back here and why should they? and so I say that the right discision was made in banning him and we should stick to it.
  I'm not sure though how he can make you lose so many players or more of the dm team, surely thats peoples own discision and they'd have already gone if they supported him that much.
  So for what is worth you have my support too Leanthar :)

freemen2

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2005, 03:32:00 pm »
Wow, talk about a shakespeare moment Equinox...

Not taking into account, cause I wasn't there, the history ye two seem to have:
Thing is, no matter how bummed I was about seeing him banded because I liked his CP Shiva...Threats and raves I don't see helping in anyways.  Nor is acting like an ass.
Do want to make one other thing clear, although I thought he started flamming ye contributed to keep the fire going L.  Neither stating t'was wrong or not, just saying what I though when I read that post about diamond mining.
However, and this is what Equinox doesn't seem to grasp.  T'is yer server L and ye can bloody well do what pleases ye on it.
As for an attitude like the one in that post or e-mail, well I banned people holding that kind of dialogue when I was a Modo on a forum.  So think ye did the right thing.

Well hat was my 2cents, ye asked *shrugs*

Qui_Z

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 04:02:00 pm »
Nice to see what quality of people you bring to Layonara, Ozy.
    I know I'm pretty much gone from the community, but taking s**t from this guy won't help anything. Pick your battles, and I think this is one worth fighting.

deagle

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2005, 04:02:00 pm »
I don't know who this fellow is, I even wonder if he is an adult or child based on his actions. Then again I know children that are better than this. Well, whomever or whatever he thinks he is, this sounds like a confession letter that will hold in court should anything happen.
Leanthar, you did the right thing. I enjoy Layo and give you my full support.

:o

Dorganath

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2005, 04:14:00 pm »
Oh wow. :o

A lot of confusing things in his messages, both pre- and post-ban.  Obviously he dislikes the management here, but yet seems to want to come back more than anything.

I don't know much, if anything, about the cirucmstances leading to his banning, but I have to say, were I in the same position, I'd lean heavily toward banning myself due simply to the lack of respect and overabundance of attitude shown to the guy whose servers these are.

It's always been obvious to me that my continued existance on this server is entirely at Leanthar's discretion....as was my initial acceptance to come play here.  I can be tolerant of a lot, but I will not be insulted in my own house.  And this is, essentially, Leanthar's house.

For all I know, he could have had some legitimate problems, but his delivery erased any possible goodwill and concern he may have generated.  Honest discourse and disclosing of greivances is one thing....badgering and threats are another. As any marketing person knows...packaging and presentation is everything.

As freemen2 said, this is Leanthar's server.  Equinox is NOT entitled to play here by any law, contract or agreement.  As fun, addictive and rich this place is, it is still only a game.  If he feels wronged, he should say his piece and walk away.....and leave all the threats and self-congratulations to his 1337 haXor friends.

Ozy_Llewellyn

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2005, 04:28:00 pm »
Qui_Z - 5/8/2005  4:02 PM    Nice to see what quality of people you bring to Layonara, Ozy.
    I know I'm pretty much gone from the community, but taking s**t from this guy won't help anything. Pick your battles, and I think this is one worth fighting.
 That was very uncalled for and very rude Quiz. I will not tolerate insults, especialy from the faculty something which you are a member of.

Dezza

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2005, 04:30:00 pm »
Bitterly disappointed to see a post like this from someone who I played along side and enjoyed the ride.

To L, Cyber fraud and extortion as you know are illegal practices and this could be taken to local authorities if required...I hope it does not come to that.

Such a shame..

ForgottenCreature

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: May 08, 2005, 04:31:00 pm »
    I got to say, i dont think i have ever heard anyone more in love with themselves.

Leanthar

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2005, 05:44:00 pm »
    Q, that was a little harsh (as ozy stated).
      Ozy, he is not a member of the 'faculty'.  He used to be but he stepped down and has moved on, all well and good.  Wanted to make sure you are aware of that fact.

NitaThompson

• View Profile
      « Reply #17 on: May 08, 2005, 05:50:00 pm »
      Qui_Z - 5/8/2005  7:02 PM    Nice to see what quality of people you bring to Layonara, Ozy.
        I think you need to be apologizing Q..  That was rude and Very uncalled for.

Vyris

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2005, 05:52:00 pm »
      Well, a few things spring to mind in paraphrases.

Those who can do, those who can not, talk about it.

Love and hate are opposite sides of the same coin.

*shrugs* I'm left wondering why he cares enough to be so hatefull. I've said it before... this is Leanthars sandbox, and I'll play with whatever toys he gives me, and if I want to stay in the sandbox I'll play nice with his toys too.

Vyris

Xandor Loriland

• Followers of Aeridin
        • View Profile
      « Reply #19 on: May 08, 2005, 06:40:00 pm »
      I haven't played here all that long but I have been here enough to know that one of the reasons Layo is such a great place is because the community is genuinely in love with the game.  The enforcement of ethical standards of play here is one of the big reasons why the experience is so pleasant.  Your standard may be tough and there are always going to be those who say someone with standards is being to strict.  I am a parent and many would say my standards are too strict.  But the reason I have high standards is because I care for my kids and know it is best for them even when they don't think so.  If I changed my standards when they theatened to rebel then I would really not have standards.  As a leader you have to make decisions and accept the consequences.  I think you have done that in this case but for the good of Layo I would encourage you to stick to your guns.  This guy is clearly in all out terrorism mode.  Never negotiate with a terrorist.

anything