The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bioware NWN 1.69 Released -- DO NOT UPDATE  (Read 1073 times)

Dorganath

Bioware NWN 1.69 Released -- DO NOT UPDATE
« on: July 09, 2008, 09:30:46 pm »
Bioware has apparently released patch 1.69 for Neverwinter Nights.  When you start your game, it may ask you to update.

It is very important that you do not update to 1.69 at this time. You will NOT be able to play on Layonara if you do.

At this point in time, we have not yet decided whether or not to update to 1.69. When we do, you'll be advised.  It is OK to download the patch directly from Bioware's web site as long as you do not install it.

If you do mistakenly update to 1.69, you can revert back to 1.68 using a download from Bioware.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Acacea

Re: Bioware NWN 1.69 Released -- DO NOT UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 09:39:39 pm »
The revert for any who update is Here.

Edit - Direct link to the windows HotU/SoU english revert here for anyone having trouble with the page...

Blackguy

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 05:12:05 am »
  • Fixed issue with corrupted textures on newer Nvidia cards.
  • Updated Weapon Finesse to work with all Creature Weapons regardless of the creature's size.
  • Fixed client crash that seemed to be related to other players coming out of stealth.
  • Screenshots are now prefixed with the module name (set in the Module properties in the toolset) rather than "NWN". Screenshots are also now placed in the screenshots subdirectory.
  • Fixed issue with resting not getting canceled correctly if a member of your party started attacking something during your rest period (the OnPlayerRest event is now properly called in this situation).
  • Made some changes that will hopefully address area loading crashes related to "shiny water" being enabled in watery areas of the official campaign.
Some of my favorites fixes.

See the rest here

Pen N Popper

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 07:45:55 am »
  • Fixed missing concealment bonus on the Shadowdancer's Epic Shadowlord
  • Added support for 10 new custom animations (plus a new mount and dismount).

Xiaobeibi

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 08:11:28 am »
  • Weapons with more than one damage type now uses the best when it comes to penetration damage resistance
  • Rapid reload works as intended YEAH!

Yllyrryon

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 02:04:18 pm »
I wish that prompt asking us if we wanted to update could be disabled.  Is there any file we could alter to achieve this?

Other than that, it looks interesting.  I am not in a hurry to get it so to the Team I say, take your time.

Hellblazer

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 05:37:49 pm »
I wish they fixed the emotes and the capes... =(

Chazzler

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 09:17:09 am »
I strongly would recommend the Team to update Layo to the new version in the next update, if the update fixes the shiny water and sneak attack bugs, it would be greatly appreciated by the community and for the GM's, as this would cut down the needed work to grab crashing players to another areas etc.

Dorganath

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 10:03:44 am »
We are investigating it currently.  The prime consideration will be whether or not it works without breaking something significant.

darkstorme

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 12:15:25 pm »
Quote from: Hellblazer
I wish they fixed the emotes and the capes... =(

"Fixed" the emotes in what respect?

Dorganath

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 12:23:15 pm »
I think he means those custom emotes we use to have like *curl up* that worked up until Bioware gave us dynamic cloaks.

Hellblazer

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 03:42:09 pm »
I wasn't aware it was custom emotes for say :( so please don't take it as a complaint, I thought it was a bug in nwn emotes. and yes i was refering to those like ''fold arms'' and such.

Quote from: Chazzler
sneak attack bugs,

Euh? what bug are you refering as being fixed. I just took a look and didn't see something for sneak attacks.

Acacea

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 04:10:09 pm »
It's the animation crashing when PCs or NPCs (especially halflings, from my experience...) come out of stealth.

lonnarin

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 04:11:07 pm »
I was just sneak attacked by a 2-inch Florida cockroach.  Fortunately despite its 30-something dexterity, THAT particular sneak attack bug has been... "fixed". :D

Riven

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 08:52:12 pm »
This fix actually gives a reason to use a morning star or a halberd now!
woo hoo!

scifibarbie

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 09:28:03 pm »
There used to be alot of extra emotes you could get your pc to do. Curl up on the ground, cross their arms..etc.

When bioware fixed the capes so they werent so static, it affected those extra emotes. :D

Link092

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 06:52:48 pm »
the hyperlink for the revert is non existant. (for english)

Acacea

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 07:02:52 pm »
Hmm... works fine for me. Try a direct link.

silverblades

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 04:52:49 pm »
ok i recently did a hard drive wipe and installed the update now im having trouble getting the revert program to run. How do I do that?
I have winrar.

oops didnt read the info at the bottom of the bioware site..let me try again..
yup got it to work save to desktop, clickand drag directly to your neverwinternights/nwn file. then it works.

Phew!
There can be only One.

Filuviel

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 01:54:18 am »
I saw no fixed for circle kick :(

anything