The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bonus XP Week....ish  (Read 1385 times)

Dorganath

Bonus XP Week....ish
« on: December 17, 2012, 11:34:38 pm »
Do I have your attention?  *grins*

It's time again for one of our famous bonus XP events.  Here's the details:
  • Begins on Saturday, December 22, 2012 *
  • 50% more XP from combat
  • 100% more XP from GM-led quests/events, RP rewards and Auto XP
  • Ends on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 *
[SIZE=10]* Start and end times will depend on when I get to it[/SIZE]

Bear in mind it is the holidays, and GM availability will be subject to other obligations first, but I've gotten assurances from at least some of our GMs for scheduled and impromptu events and the like.  

Rewards for RP are rated higher than combat, so remember to make time for it.  There have been several new characters lately from new and old players alike, so hopefully there will be some good opportunities for all.  Old faces are always good as well, of course. Make something happen!

Dorganath

Re: Bonus XP Week....ish
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 01:14:32 am »
This is now in effect.

Enjoy!

cbnicholson

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 09:43:47 am »
Here's a wild idea..why not keep the 100% rp xp from DM's all the time?  I've seen more folks grouping up in the last week even with limited players than the previous 5 mos!  *runs, ducks and covers the assorted kill buttons pointed his way*
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 12:32:46 pm »
The RP XP seems to just be a 1xp tick every so often, though... And it persists through relog. As intended?

Alatriel

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 12:40:55 pm »
Stephen- it means that your character has auto xp activated for him, and the reason it's small is that it's a percentage of how much he's getting per hour so long as you're logged in and not idle.  If it's continuing to tick up there, it's working as intended :)

Tanman

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 12:54:16 pm »
Might I add it is reward for good RP. Continue to RP and it will tick away. :)

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 01:01:41 pm »

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 02:27:18 pm »
Apparently, the limits I put into the AutoXP system won't let me double them as I'd have liked.  Sorry folks.

Dorganath

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 10:50:05 pm »
OK, you all got an extra day, but he combat XP bonus has come to an end.

However, by request of the GM Team, the bonus for GM-given XP (RP, quests, etc.) is being extended for another week.

Enjoy!

cbnicholson

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 09:25:19 pm »
Just an observation, but even with a trickle of xp from rp coming through, I've noticed how many of the characters my own have interacted with in the last few weeks seems to have suddenly developed depth above and beyond what was before.  By taking the time to sit and rp literally for hours ( a thing I rarely did) I'm starting to see how it shapes a character.  Sorry, done musing.  Carry on..
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

RollinsCat

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 09:30:42 pm »
The rp xp is fantastic.  Absolutely fantastic.  Not too much, not too little.  Kudos.

Tobias

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 09:46:47 pm »
I share both Cb's and RC's thoughts! No one runs off now worry about getting xp in for kills or hoping a GM is on awarding xp for good RP.

This is a great system that encourages RP. I have found myself looking forward to finding people a long the roadside or at a camp and engaging in some great RP. Just tonight I spent all my time enjoying a campfire discussion with Jo and Fern.

Kudo's to the Layo staff for implementing this system!

Dorganath

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 10:07:21 pm »
I'm going to extend the double GM-given XP event until tomorrow night (US time zones) as there's a quest.  After that, we're back to the normal rates, but the AutoXP you all seem to enjoy can continue if you keep up the RP.

Dorganath

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 09:20:18 am »
Well, all good things come to an end, as they say.  Thanks to everyone who participated. We hope you enjoyed it.

Until next time...

anything