The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Coming Soon! Saved Spellbooks  (Read 1167 times)

orth

Coming Soon! Saved Spellbooks
« on: March 15, 2015, 10:22:16 pm »
Are you tired of constantly rearranging your spellbook depending on where you're heading or who you're with? Well I'm please to introduce a new system that saves your spellbooks to the db which you can restore at any time.Here's how it works:Get your spellbook all prepared and then use the =c sb save command and specify a name for your spellbook, for example =c sb save defaultNow say for example Plen is going to craft a bunch of raise dead scrolls so he replaces all his spells at Level 5 and Level 9 with Raise Dead (he uses Quickened Raise Dead spells so he can craft more at once). Once he's done he can restore his spellbook with =c sb restore default and all the spells he had set up before are replaced once again. Note: When using this system all spells are restored as used up, so it's best to do this right before resting.Now Plen realizes that it would make sense to actually set up a spellbook for crafting Raise Dead scrolls, so before I craft my scrolls I'll set up a spellbook for that with =c sb save craftraisedead that way before he crafts Raise Dead scrolls again he can just use =c sb restore craftraisedeadNext time Plen is out with a group of people he may want to save his spellbook once it's all set up, he may have many depending on how many people are with him or perhaps his planned role (healing/defensive/offensive). So he might do =c sb save partyof5 once he's all prepared, then he can restore that again later in the future when he's with close to or the same sized party.Other associated commands:
  • =c sb list will list all your spellbooks
  • =c sb describe bookname will show all the spells (and their metamagic if applicable) for each level in that book
  • =c sb delete bookname will remove a spellbook entry
  • =c sb replace bookname will overwrite the current entry for that book with your current spells
The system takes the first class that is a caster class with a spellbook (Cleric, Druid, Paladin, Ranger, Wizard) when using the =c sb save command. If you have more than one casting class with a spellbook then you must use one of the following commands:
  • =c sb savecleric
  • =c sb savedruid
  • =c sb savepaladin
  • =c sb saveranger
  • =c sb savewizard
So for example if you had a Wizard/Druid character (Wizard being your first class), if you used =c sb save default for example then it would save your wizard's spellbook under the name default. Then you would have to use =c sb savedruid defaultdruid for the druid's spellbook. Note, all spellbook names must be different per character, even if they're for different spellcasting classes.If for some reason you have more spells memorized in a spellbook then you have slots available for restoring (maybe you were wearing more modifying jewelry when you saved) then it will just fail to populate those missing slots but everything else will work.If you just type out =c sb[/b] you will be told all the available commands.I hope you enjoy this new feature, it should be coming with the next update which won't be too long away. I'm also working on a similar system for Quickbars too. Not sure if that will be ready in the same update or will be in one down the road. 

Acacea

THAT IS AMAZINGLY AWESOME.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 07:17:08 pm »

THAT IS AMAZINGLY AWESOME. EXCUSE MY CAPITAL LETTERS. I APPEAR TO BE STUCK IN EXCITEMENT MODE. HAVE A NICE DAY.

gilshem ironstone

Acacea wrote:THAT IS
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 08:44:17 pm »

Quote from: "Acacea"&cid="2757136"

THAT IS AMAZINGLY AWESOME. EXCUSE MY CAPITAL LETTERS. I APPEAR TO BE STUCK IN EXCITEMENT MODE. HAVE A NICE DAY.

Pibemanden

.... Is this still nwn? I
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 09:07:21 pm »
.... Is this still nwn? I know that I am not active anymore but I will still say that just seeing the updates added by the team seem truely amazing and makes me want to play to experience their effect on playing

cbnicholson

I'M TOTALLY WITH ACACEA ON
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 11:04:47 am »

I'M TOTALLY WITH ACACEA ON THIS..AWESOME SAUCE!

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

merlin34baseball

Wowie! Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 12:40:18 pm »

Wowie! Thanks!