The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Congratulations Ycleption  (Read 1026 times)

Rowana

Congratulations Ycleption
« on: July 27, 2009, 10:48:03 am »
As the world of Layonara continues to change, so to do our needs and methods. Something that has seen many changes over the years is the process of Character Approvals. While the policies, procedures and expectations have evolved, so too have our means of choosing who approves characters to play in this world. At first it was a position held only by GMs and only those who wished to take on the responsibility. At some point, we opened up the position to the greater community, and in that the application process also evolved over time. Having tried several methods thus far, we have decided to try yet another and directly approach a long-time member of the community for the purpose of having this individual join the Character Approver team, rather than open up a potentially lengthy application process to fill a rather immediate need.

Please join us in welcoming ycleption as Layonara's newest Character Approver. We believe ycleption's time, judgment, world experience and positive presence within the community will be an asset to the Character Approval team and, through this, the world as a whole.

Lance Stargazer

Re: Congratulations Ycleption
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 11:13:33 am »
Well Deserved and Congratulations

Alatriel

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 11:20:09 am »
Yay!  Congrats and Good Luck!

Link092

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 11:20:54 am »
Congratulations! now, let's see what's behind curtain number one...

Lynn1020

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 11:21:42 am »
Congratulations! Thank you for volunteering your time to do this!

Lord Dark

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 11:22:53 am »
Congratulations! I think you'll do a great job!

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 11:27:17 am »
So who is your first victim going to be...  *looks over the newest submissions*

Serissa

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 11:54:32 am »
Congrats, and thanks for taking on a time-consuming task.

ycleption

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 12:24:07 pm »
A big thanks to the Team for offering me the position; having a world where every character must be approved was one of the biggest things that attracted me to Layonara in the first place, and I feel privileged to serve in what I feel is a vital role in the Layonara community.

And thanks for all the congrats and well-wishes :)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 12:55:34 pm »
Don't let Ycleption fool you into thinking this is the first effort this one's committed to Layo. ;)

Ycleption has been on the Team for a while now as a LORE editor (and a one of the most diligent we've had in a long time). Suffered through the interview and application and the poor sucker just keeps coming back for more!

Seriously, though, congrats. If your work on LORE is any indication, Dark and Row will be singing your praises before the month is out (no pressure :p).

Speaking of Row and Dark.... why does everyone keep stealing my LORE editors?? GM's got Carillon, and now the CA's have ycleption.... I don't know what ate Stephen (larping maybe?), and s0ulz... yeah, I've already bugged him about that...

Drizzlin

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 01:05:44 pm »
ROAR!!! Congrats!!!

LordCove

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 01:55:34 pm »
Congrats!

Link092

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 02:19:40 pm »
Quote from: miltonyorkcastle
Don't let Ycleption fool you into thinking this is the first effort this one's committed to Layo. ;)

Ycleption has been on the Team for a while now as a LORE editor (and a one of the most diligent we've had in a long time). Suffered through the interview and application and the poor sucker just keeps coming back for more!

Seriously, though, congrats. If your work on LORE is any indication, Dark and Row will be singing your praises before the month is out (no pressure :p).

Speaking of Row and Dark.... why does everyone keep stealing my LORE editors?? GM's got Carillon, and now the CA's have ycleption.... I don't know what ate Stephen (larping maybe?), and s0ulz... yeah, I've already bugged him about that...

I'd be happy to assist, but The capacity for such information in my brain is limited....  ;D

Ravemore

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 02:25:28 pm »
Congrats!  :)

Carillon

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 02:56:43 pm »
Congratulations, Ycleption!

lonnarin

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 04:03:15 pm »
Good luck!  Don't let the stress get to you.  If somebody continually sends you PMs for fast approval politely tell them to wait their turn.  If after that they give you grief or keep on spamming you, send them pictures of LolCatz and continually hit their inbox 10-to-1. heheheh.

just kidding of course.  that would just make them even more confused.

Oh and if that Conan the Barbarian plagiarizing guy who speaks 6 words of English comes back looking for loin cloths and skimpy chainmail bikinis.... RUN!  There is no reasoning with him.  He just keeps sending the same paragraph from the back-cover of Conan over and over.  Then he asks for strange requests like big swords and sexy horses... whatever that means.  He was perhaps my most memorable experience in submissions.  I don't even think I was an approver yet back then, but it made me really feel sorry for you guys and grateful that you can put up with 24/7 absurdity like that.  Oh yeah, and that other more recent guy who said he'd come to all of our houses and beat us up because his  character wasn't approved in under 20 minutes.  Egads man, hopefully the FBI knocked on his door.

Take frequent breaks.  Have coffee ready.  Bask in the literary flow.  And be nice to gobbos.  The realm really does need more of them!

Link092

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 04:59:54 pm »
Quote from: lonnarin

Oh and if that Conan the Barbarian plagiarizing guy who speaks 6 words of English comes back looking for loin cloths and skimpy chainmail bikinis.... RUN!  There is no reasoning with him.  He just keeps sending the same paragraph from the back-cover of Conan over and over.  Then he asks for strange requests like big swords and sexy horses... whatever that means.  He was perhaps my most memorable experience in submissions.  I don't even think I was an approver yet back then, but it made me really feel sorry for you guys and grateful that you can put up with 24/7 absurdity like that.  Oh yeah, and that other more recent guy who said he'd come to all of our houses and beat us up because his  character wasn't approved in under 20 minutes.  Egads man, hopefully the FBI knocked on his door.

say what?   ._.

lonnarin

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 05:02:30 pm »
Just saying, you meet some very interesting people doing submissions.  Some good, others hmmm... interesting!

Link092

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 05:03:24 pm »
Quote from: lonnarin
Just saying, you meet some very interesting people doing submissions.  Some good, others hmmm... interesting!

*goes to hide under a table*

Pseudonym

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 06:01:53 pm »
Congrats Ycleption!