The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Defunct/Inactive guilds  (Read 3203 times)

Dorganath

Defunct/Inactive guilds
« on: October 02, 2016, 10:07:29 pm »
All,There are a few addresses in-game right now which are designated as guild halls and whose owners have not been present for some time. If these guilds are still active we need a current member to take over control. Otherwise, they will either be made available for someone else to claim (with a valid guild) or converted to regular housing. At the moment, the list of these is:Grey Circle -- 164 Mariner's Hold
This hall is owned by Kobal Bluntaxe. If there are any current members of this guild who wish to keep it going, please post below.Cailomel Goods and Wares -- 195 Fort Wayfare
The guild/store is owned by Fehriel, who has not been seen since late 2013. If there are any members of this organization who wish to keep it going, please post below.Dwarven Army -- 196 Bloody Gate
Our logs show this hall has been recently accessed...by dwarves even!...but the owner (Azk'a Thunderaxe) has not been seen for over four years. If any of the current members wish to keep it going, please post below.Vakhar -- 263 Vale
The owner of this nature-oriented guild, Aralin Harenya, has not been active since 2011. If there are any current members who wish to keep this going, please post below.This thread will remain open for at least two weeks before any action is taken. If anyone knows the players of the characters listed above and can get their attention for comment, please do so.  If no one comments, claims or otherwise gives us a reasonable course of action for these properties, we will proceed with reclaiming their space in some manner.

The following users thanked this post: Acacea, cbnicholson

twidget658

I believe Rodlin Serim is the
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 07:18:03 am »

I believe Rodlin Serim is the only one left of the Vakhar. All the others have not been around or have permed.

silverblades

Can the goods they have in
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 06:37:14 pm »

Can the goods they have in their stores be auctioned to the public, and coin donated to any cause that guild/person was giving to?  Or for that matter any house on the block . I hate to see rare items simply deleted, considering some could have a story behind them. For example knowing you have a set of Armor that could of possibly of been worn by Klaugraquene Dragonbane keeps these players legacy somewhat alive. Sort of like the houses that have a story and their locations.

There can be only One.

Dorganath

silverblades wrote:Can the
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 11:29:30 pm »

Quote from: "silverblades"&cid="2761165"

Can the goods they have in their stores be auctioned to the public, and coin donated to any cause that guild/person was giving to?  Or for that matter any house on the block . I hate to see rare items simply deleted, considering some could have a story behind them. For example knowing you have a set of Armor that could of possibly of been worn by Klaugraquene Dragonbane keeps these players legacy somewhat alive. Sort of like the houses that have a story and their locations.

That is an interesting question, but one that would have some challenges and new questions in implementation. There's also the notion of this being an OOC sweep and not an IC one.  In truth, we may not know for sure whether these guilds would be active in an IC sense or not, but it makes no OOC sense to maintain space for them in the event they might be. Similarly, what charities/causes they might have supported would be similarly unknown in the absence of some kind of will or statement.

If the guild was defunct in an IC sense and faded away/abandoned itself, the town/city would reclaim the properties and either sell the assets or otherwise add them to its own treasury. Maybe such sales would be open to the public, and maybe they would not be.

At any rate, it's something to consider.

However I will say that since there are 26 houses and 4 guild halls up for this first round of the sweep (and at least one other sweep to follow), most of which have been owned or resided in by people of some moderate-to-great renown, I am strongly disinclined to consider this as a part of the process for them all. Besides being extremely resource-intensive for whoever manages the auctions/sales, it will slow the release of properties to a crawl. Considering that I can clear out everything in a house and return it to the market with about three commands executed against the database in about a minute, the prospect of spending several hours per house digging through storage, figuring out what's worthwhile to sell and to manage an auction for each is not all that appealing or practical.

In the past, regardless of who owned the place, we have simply wiped all storage and items and turned each house into a "clean slate". In my opinion, the legacy of these characters is better served by their stories than by their stuff.

Charm2009

Wow! What an opportunity!In
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 02:39:38 am »

Wow! What an opportunity!

In Krandor, the "Hospital" that was a guild was sold back to the market, and Charm bought it to keep it going. Inside the door, which is always unlocked and a portal available, is healing stuff and refershments for all. However, only one side will be the hospital. The other side *drum roll* will be a museum! Charm just hasn't had anything to put in the museum, but donated equipment with a story board is most welcomed.

Set up a "container" (display case or whatever you like) and put an easel next to it with the story. Perfect!

(Prefer to displays in the rooms that are rest areas)

If you want to donate in game, let me know and Charm will "help" you with setting it up.

Charm2009

With all the history that
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 02:46:10 am »

With all the history that could possibly be stored in the museum, I would need a pinky swear from Dorganath to never wipe out the hospital.

jadewillow

Jade Willow is a member of
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 10:59:15 pm »

Jade Willow is a member of the Vakhar, but she is really not around much anymore. She took a quick look around at the contents. There is not much of value there. A few items low to mid range craftable items. However, there is a nice library with some interesting books an scrolls including many editions of the Dragons Whisper. If these are of interest, I'd be happy to transport them to another library somewhere. Just let me know.

Acacea

jadewillow wrote:However,
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 11:23:44 pm »

Quote from: "jadewillow"&cid="2761191"

However, there is a nice library with some interesting books an scrolls including many editions of the Dragons Whisper. If these are of interest, I'd be happy to transport them to another library somewhere. Just let me know.

PMed

davidhoff

Griff Silversand will
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 11:26:08 pm »

Griff Silversand will honorably take over the Dwarven Army guild.  If he is accepted, please let me know what is required of him.

Chuckles_McChuck

I noticed the arcane alliance
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 12:23:08 am »

I noticed the arcane alliance tower is not on that list.  Is the location still being used or was it removed long ago.

Was thinking sometime down the road, Lia would try to reclaim the tower as her own.

Dorganath

LFFF wrote:I noticed the
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 08:24:05 am »

Quote from: "LFFF"&cid="2761198"

I noticed the arcane alliance tower is not on that list.  Is the location still being used or was it removed long ago.

Was thinking sometime down the road, Lia would try to reclaim the tower as her own.

The tower is not on the list because its registered owner has been seen in-game since the cut-off I used for this first pass. Also, it has changed hands since the days of the Arcane Alliance, so technically Lia would have no "claim" on it any longer. However, if in the next pass, this guild hall qualifies  as being abandoned by its current owner/members, an opportunity would exist for a guild to acquire the tower.

jadewillow

Jade has moved all volumns
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 09:47:37 pm »

Jade has moved all volumns from Vakhar to libary in Silverdale for any that is interested. Cheers.

Iconoclastic

Is this the tower in Porth
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 03:03:49 am »

Is this the tower in Porth Hempstead you're discussing?  I was interested in finding out more about it.  I thought it wouldbe fun to make a wizard to go be an apprentice or student there, however it works. 

(If you're discussing some other place, well, I'm still interested in the one in PH that appears to be a magic school.  If anyone could tell me more...)

Acacea

If "you" is Dorg and LFFF,
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 12:20:25 pm »

If "you" is Dorg and LFFF, then yes.

Iconoclastic

Yes, what they were
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2016, 12:25:14 am »

Yes, what they were discussing.

Acacea

jadewillow wrote:Jade has
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 01:35:39 am »

Quote from: "jadewillow"&cid="2761300"

Jade has moved all volumns from Vakhar to libary in Silverdale for any that is interested. Cheers.

I finally got around to checking if there was anything that I could use without editing/redoing (old content and names and stuff, like almost ALL the Great Library stuff is junk now)... there were two Dragon's Whispers I could use that I didn't already have, and a few that I didn't have but need to redo first, a couple nice stories and PAY DIRT - accounts of the Battle of Stone by both Luna and Aralin. I usually get around lack of PC tellings by snagging things that were publicized (unseen scribe) or songs that could catch on and be written down, and adding to a growing collection of old notices taken from public places (sort of a headlines-of-the-day thing), but the best things (for this project) are whole accounts by players, and authors are few and far between. Both need some minor names editing before I move them to the main level, but I'm happy to feature them. Thanks much for these!

anything