The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Framerate Hitching Issues  (Read 818 times)

Chuckles_McChuck

Framerate Hitching Issues
« on: June 24, 2017, 09:28:06 am »
Hello Layonara Team,For the past couple months I've been experience some massive framerate hitching that appears to crop up as soon as I get into combat.  This unfortunately makes the game almost unplayable to me as it makes it impossible for me to react to any situation on time.  Sometimes when I cast a spell I will not see its results or if it was cast properly until the battle is completely over, or that enemies are on me until its too late and I'm suddenly taking damage.  In short I believe the server's fps is not in line with my computer's.I've tried and am still trying a few things to help me with the issue, and any suggestions to help me resolve this would be greatful.This started happening during two moments which I don't know might be the cause for me.  I saw a hint on the web that for high end computers that have i7 chips you should go into your nwnplayer.ini file and under [Game Options] change Client CPU Affinity=-2.  I decided to give that a try and at the same time the server was updated to add the combat animations, mapping, etc.  This is about when the hitching started for me.  I have since went back to my .ini file and changed it back to Client CPU Affinity=0[/b], but this has not changed anything with the hitching.This only seems to happen when I get into combat.  Currently I decided to bring my visual settings to the absolute lowest value to see how it will effect it, but I have not tested it yet (recently died before making the changes and don't want to test while suffering the effects of death).The laptop I use for this game is an ASUS G751J.

davidhoff

Yeah good idea on changing
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 01:10:59 pm »

Yeah good idea on changing the in-game visuals to lowest setting or off.  Also, I went to my control panel and turned off automatic updates for windows...that's helped alot.

Acacea

You mentioned this being the
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 04:02:19 pm »

You mentioned this being the same time as custom combat animations - were you using a custom one for testing, eg duelist (though I recall the coat Lia wears doesn't play nice, hehe), or "normal" ?

Chuckles_McChuck

I tested the fencing one
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 11:00:43 pm »

I tested the fencing one right away, but because it is not friendly with my current outfit appearance I put it in the backburner until I find another appearance I like or until they become compatible.  I have since set it back to normal.

anything