The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Possible Wemic Bug  (Read 165 times)

Deacon

Possible Wemic Bug
« on: February 22, 2006, 08:47:11 am »
Leanthar instructed me to post about this here.  I am playing a Wemic Druid, and I want to take the Martial Feat to be allowed to use the Longbow as one of his weapons.  I am now to where I can choose my next level, but I am not given the Martial Weapon Feat as a selectable feat.  I am not sure if this was intended or not, but I would like to bring it to your attention.

Talan Va'lash

Re: Possible Wemic Bug
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 11:07:05 am »
Druids can't take martial can they?  Part of their weapon restrictions is that they can't take more weapon proficiencies I think... however I really don't know as many things are different about Druids in NWN.

Deacon

Re: Possible Wemic Bug
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 11:10:33 am »
Well it says in the Druid thread under Character submissions that they are able to use Bows as one of their ranged weapons...so I assumed they could.

Dorganath

RE: Possible Wemic Bug
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 11:42:00 am »
I'm pretty sure the statement regarding druids and bows is in direct reference to the Bioware elf loophole that gives elves bow proficiencies while ignoring normal class restrictions. It was decided that for elves, there are cultural justifications for bow-wielding druids, but the other races do not get this option. By strict D&D rules, druids cannot use bows.

anything