The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Housing Cleanup?  (Read 1585 times)

Teo

Housing Cleanup?
« on: July 12, 2016, 03:31:50 am »
Hey there! Not sure if this is feasable, but I do remember that in past years there was an occasional sort of clean up of all the inactive houses on the server, to make room for active players looking for houses. As far as I can tell (and I may be mistaken) one of these sweeps has not been done in a while, and to my knowledge, there isn't a single house avalible in all of Mistone. I did a run through and found none from the Hlint, Leringard, or Krandor real estate offices, although those are the only ones I could think of off of the top of my head.I know that getting together a list of inactive houses is probably a big job for the team and so I would be willing to help out in compiling a list of all houses whos owners haven't logged in in 12 months (that seemed to be the standard from the last sweeps, from what I found on the forums), but I think it would be nice to get some houses cleared up, if possible. Thanks,
Teo

The following users thanked this post: swoop, lonnarin

lonnarin

I think it's quicker and
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 09:36:00 am »

I think it's quicker and easier to do a list of ACTIVE houses! :D

And "it has a portal we all use" doesn't count.  We should do a roll call for people who own a house or a key to a house and live there.

Teo

Roll call? Alrighty.146
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 01:42:55 am »

Roll call? Alrighty.

146 Krandor - Owned by Kelvaron Al'dunii, still active!

157 Silverdell Grove - Owned by Cord, who is now inactive, but it was shared and partially furnished by Devarain, if that's grounds for a transfer?

cbnicholson

189 Wayfare, owned by Todd
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 03:34:52 pm »

189 Wayfare, owned by Todd Fellow (Active? Idk.) Upstairs used and lived in by Daniel and Aylana Poetr.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Acacea

I'm not sure such a reverse
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 05:05:14 pm »

I'm not sure such a reverse list is actually very helpful, but I could be wrong, heh. I imagine it depends on the means used to determine which to open up. In any case I don't think anyone should feel pressured to claim places or feel there will be a sudden purge of everyone who doesn't post to the thread... Even when there is a sweep, they always post a list of those up for consideration which is active for awhile for everyone to figure out. 

Dorganath

*points up* What she said.A
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 10:33:34 pm »

*points up* What she said.

A "role call" list has its uses, but it is also exclusive of people who may have been around somewhat recently, but aren't around now.

Anyway...

There are 11 houses available for purchase, but yes, all of them are on Dregar.

Server-wide, there are 70 houses owned by characters who have not signed in since July 1, 2015. A few of these are guild halls, a few of these are "historic" but the bulk of them are likely candidates for being returned to the market. Of these 70 houses, 45 of them are on Mistone/Alindor.

I'll try and draw up a list over the weekend, though I have kind of a full schedule. I may start with people who have not been seen in two years or more, which would free up to 30 houses on Mistone/Alindor alone.

swoop

I know I would be eager to
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 11:03:15 pm »

I know I would be eager to buy a house on Mistone. Quenton has a ton of trues saved up just for it!

anything