The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Housing Sweep -- 2016 Edition  (Read 6170 times)

Dorganath

Housing Sweep -- 2016 Edition
« on: August 18, 2016, 11:30:15 pm »
Better late than never, I suppose!Here goes my first pass. For tradition and fairness, I'm going to list these here and give people a chance to a) lay claim or b) get their stuff out before the house is emptied and put back on the market.104 -- Galathea Arnaduillae
112 -- Asher Hardrock
122-- Ni'haer Barrit'tar
124 -- Lareth Vathach
131 -- Galen Iraes
136 -- Argali Trueaxe
138 -- Log Lightrunner
140 -- Twixel
142 -- Riley Alexander
143 -- Hanta Deshaldi
149 -- Elgon In'Darsus
150 -- Gormungard Boulderanvil
154 -- Ender Sai
156 -- Iradril Arkenrahel
174 -- Chakar Achmed El'Mujahir
175 -- Klaugraquene Dragonbane
179 -- Nex Jinkai
181 -- Calylith Eluchil
185 -- Starr Saphire
196 -- Azk'a Thunderaxe
203 -- Unther Hardhammer
204 -- Xanya Enyafailm
205 -- Grohin Silveraxe
206 -- Fehriel Cailomel
210 -- Drachus Vachar
217 -- Sein Alinds
221 -- Boon Loom
230 -- Gunther N'diknik
241 -- Abiorn Rukrym
246 -- Durgen Stormbrow
260 -- Wren Thendor
 This is a preliminary list. None of these characters have been seen in over two (2) years.Houses numbered in the 100's are either on Mistone or Alindor. Houses numbered in the 200's are largely on Dregar, though there are exceptions.NOTE: Potentially defunct guild halls are not listed. If I have mistakenly added a guild hall to this list, I will remove it, though defunct guild halls will be handled in some way at some point. They may be returned to the market and priced like houses according to their physical size at some later date.You may wonder what constitutes a valid claim on one of these houses. Primarily, either there's some long-term residence involved or a significant relationship (i.e. marriage, parent/child, etc.). In the case one of these houses is the hall of an active guild, but the owner is absent, the property can be transferred to one of the current active guild members.As mentioned in a previous thread, an open portal in a strategic location is not sufficient reason to maintain an otherwise empty or un-used house.In order to lay claim, put in a grievance/request for the transfer. It is not a guarantee we'll grant the request, but we will investigate and see if it is appropriate.To keep the process moving, we will only entertain claims for a period of two (2) weeks, after which any unclaimed houses will be emptied and placed back on the market. Any existing keys to these houses will no longer work after that point.If there are any questions, please ask below.

lonnarin

Gormungard is trying to come
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 11:40:32 pm »

Gormungard is trying to come back but having issues connecting to the server.

http://layonara.com/threads/10164435-connection-timeout-when-logging-in#new

davidhoff

Gorm needs to come back soon!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 01:13:40 am »

Gorm needs to come back soon!

willhoff

and Unther and Chakar!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 03:26:50 am »

and Unther and Chakar!

Dorganath

After much delay and review
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 09:49:07 pm »

After much delay and review of the initial list, I have a revised list of houses which will be put back on the market and made available for purchase sometime soon. My goal is to do this within the next week or so, but I am making no guarantees. I will not be announcing them when I do release them in order to be fair to those who may have limited opportunities to sign on and take advantage.

As we have said for years now, if you already own a home or have free use of a home owned by someone else, please refrain from scooping up a house of your own just to have it.

Houses are intended primarily for RP purposes, so if you have access to a space currently and only wish a house for storage or a convenient open portal, kindly hold off on such a purchase until others have had a chance to take advantage.

With that said, here is the new list and their present locations:

112 -- Port Hempstead - Municipal district
124 -- Leringard
131 -- Leringard
136 -- Leringard
138 -- Krandor
140 -- Krandor
142 -- Krandor
143 -- Krandor
149 -- Krandor
154 -- Silkwood Forest - Folian's Vale
156 -- Silkwood Forest - Folian's Vale
174 -- Fort Wayfare
175 -- Fort Wayfare
179 -- Haven
185 -- Haven
203 -- Castle Mask Outskirts
205 -- Castle Mask Outskirts
206 -- Castle Mask Outskirts
210 -- Castle Mask Outskirts
217 -- Rolling Hills
221 -- Rolling Hills
230 -- Prantz - Haft Lake District
246 -- Prantz - Haft Lake District

In addition, the following addresses are due to be returned to market, but only after their doors are re-located to their original locations, which will require a module update:

104 -- Hlint (currently in Stone)
241 -- Prantz - Haft Lake District (currently in Fort Miritrix)
260 -- Prantz - Haft Lake District (currently in Nith)

As a note, this is only the first pass. The next pass will focus on characters who have not signed in within the last year. More houses may be released during the second pass.

Lastly, there have been some questions about houses/locations that are currently owned by characters long gone. For the most part, these are the houses that were owned by World Leaders, and in some cases, the houses themselves have stories of their own. It is our intent to release the addresses back into the housing pool, but the locations themselves will not be made available.

ystrday

**Never mind, I was able to
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 03:56:47 pm »

**Never mind, I was able to remove my items from Wren's house today after all.

I've been away from game and forums due to personal reasons, so I just now read this thread. Tegan has items in Wren's house, 260, can I have a couple of weeks to clear out her things from his house before the door is  take care of?

Thanks,

ystrday

Dorganath

The houses listed above have
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 04:28:07 pm »

The houses listed above have been returned to the market. I've slowly pushed them back out over the last week.

The three flagged for needing a module update (104, 241, 260) are going to be locked and the locks will be changed until the module can be updated.

We'll see how this round goes before doing another sweep.

jrizz

Poop! Sorry to have missed
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 04:39:05 pm »

Poop! Sorry to have missed this. I have been planning a return for a bit now (need a new PC, Macs as far as the eye can see though). Well I guess Wren did not really need such a large house :-) It was suppoed to be a guild house I hope it finds good use. When I make it back Wren will have to settle for a tent, it is more his style anyway :-) 

Cheers,

John

Xaltotun

// Hey, hope this isn't too
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 01:07:45 pm »

// Hey, hope this isn't too late but have been away for a looong time. My character Ygraine Ursus would like to lay claim to the house 204 -- Xanya Enyafailm that is posted above. She has been using it in partnership with Xanya and another who no longer play so it would be helpful to keep it. p.s. She logged in in this house and I've left her there. 

~~Xal

// FINAL EDIT - I've left the next edit in place so this chain makes sense, but I have re-entered these two houses and they still have their chests in them so please ignore the next edit comment.

//edit - I logged in with Ygraine and 204 is empty - gutted if that means I missed the deadline.

I've also just been in with Eleandilethesaa Quil'lyn and 120 Leringard has been gutted but that number doesn't seem to appear in the lists! Please please tell me 120 Leringard still belomgs to her and all of her hard gathered cnrs, crafted stuff and collected items are still available? p.s. She logged in in this house and I've left her there too.

Dorganath

My action list was in a later
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 08:56:02 pm »

My action list was in a later post.

House 204 was not reclaimed...yet.

Acacea

Xaltotun wrote:/. p.s. She
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 12:39:08 am »

Quote from: "Xaltotun"&cid="2761397"

/p.s. She logged in in this house and I've left her there.

Surely the server has been reset many a time since last you logged in? If your character logged in inside the house, most likely you need to go out and use the door again so your furniture loads.

Xaltotun

//Thanks for the subtle
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 01:01:17 pm »

//Thanks for the subtle reminder Acacia - I had originally just waited inside the houses when I logged in, waiting for the house to repopulate as it used to do, and was reluctant to leave in case the yes didn't let me back in (re: Dorg's posts about returning houses to the pool), hence my concern when the houses didn't repopulate.

However, I took your advice and exited the houses for both Eleandilethessa and Ygraine, closed and repoened the doors and the houses repopulated with all their goodies, so a million thanks for clearing this up for me. 

Xaltotun

// Hi Dorg, Ygraine left and
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 01:03:16 pm »

// Hi Dorg, Ygraine left and re-entered house 204 Lor and repopulated it, so can Ygraine Ursus claim this house as her own please as neither Xanya (the original owner) and Annwyl Cadi (the other user of this house) have either been on for a long time?

Rowana

Hi Xaltotun,To request a
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 01:50:34 pm »

Hi Xaltotun,

To request a house claim/transfer you must use the grievance forum. There is instructions on how to go about that in the guidelines thread.

Thanks,

~row

Dorganath

Houses at 104 Hlint, 241
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2016, 03:24:27 pm »

Houses at 104 Hlint, 241 Prantz - Haft Lake District and 260 Prantz - Haft Lake District have been returned to their original locations and area again available for purchase.

XDutchesX

anyway to reclaim my
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 04:39:00 pm »

anyway to reclaim my characters house of 210 castle mask??

thanks, Drachus.

Acacea

As Dorg mentioned above, the
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 09:11:46 pm »

As Dorg mentioned above, the houses in his action list have been returned to market. You could always repurchase it if you really needed another... !

Dorganath

If you would have asked me a
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 09:20:30 pm »

If you would have asked me a couple months ago, I would have taken 210 off the list. However, since that house has been returned to the market, the only avenue available is to buy the house from the vendor. All furniture and the contents of any containers have been destroyed.

There is nothing to reclaim.

Drizzlin

Re: Housing Sweep -- 2016 Edition
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 05:52:28 am »
Man i wasn't even on this list when i got jacked!

Miss you guys.

Daralith Del'Mar

anything