The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Imprompt Quest  (Read 832 times)

Leanthar

Imprompt Quest
« on: December 09, 2007, 07:08:30 pm »
I am running a quest starting at 4:30pm Pacific (today) (15 minutes from now). It is open to levels of 17+....but you really should be at least level 20ish.

I just found out I had some free time tonight and this is the best I could come up with for an imprompt and to move a fork dealing with a major NPC.

Log in to west if you want to play...We will "start" in Fort Vehl...(or near it)

It will last several hours and there is no guarantee of success, but a guarantee of death. No rewards will be given out for the quest other than a specific thing that will be "rewarded" by an NPC IF (big if) the quest is successful.

The following users thanked this post: stolen

lonnarin

Re: Imprompt Quest
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 04:25:30 am »
Totally loved that quest tonight Leanthar!  Keep up the good work and I'll never be a stranger to these world-altering events.  Farros was proud to both be the voice of reason against Milara, and the one great praising voice to him in the end, wishing good luck upon his ascension!

Pibemanden

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:03:46 am »
Well lost a lot of sleep last night, but it was well worth it! Really great quest and I was amazed how well the group worked together even when pressed to the limit. Hopefully something good came out of this big efford. Thank you L for running the quest and all the players who were there to make their impact on the event :)

Skywatcher

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 12:42:39 pm »
Yeah it was awesome.  I am seeing a disturbing trend in these plot quests though.  So far we have done a favor for Fisterion and a favor for Milara.  Are we being used as pawns?  Just a thought.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 12:45:10 pm »
I think the key is we don't know what is really going on, which side is the "good" side, or which is the "bad" side.  Mostly likely what we think we know is wrong, and what we don't know is what is key to knowing all...

EdTheKet

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 12:45:34 pm »
Quote from: Skywatcher
Yeah it was awesome.  I am seeing a disturbing trend in these plot quests though.  So far we have done a favor for Fisterion and a favor for Milara.  Are we being used as pawns?  Just a thought.

Well, the only fitting reply to that would be *GM Grin*

jrizz

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 02:10:03 pm »
Quote from: Skywatcher

ozy told us all many times that milara is a puppet master. So it seems his puppets preformed well for him once again :)

Falonthas

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 02:35:33 pm »
ozy also told us that milara wasnt the only one who pulled strings we need to get a knife it seems

scifibarbie

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 02:44:18 pm »
I personally think Milara found his match in the pretty Pink haired girl who walked right up to him! ;)

That, and giving all her friends a heart attack. :D

Thanks for the fun!

lonnarin

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 03:47:55 pm »
I have to admit though, the bravest character in that whole story was the dwarven mercenary in the beginning who charged dead center into the negotiations and tried to save the world by attacking us all combined, including Milara and his huge bone dragon.  He simotaneously rolled a natural 20 on his will save and a natural 1 on his intelligence check in the true form of Vorax!

Leanthar

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 06:48:29 pm »
@lonnarin, now I needed that laugh!!

Chongo

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 09:47:35 pm »
Yep, very fun quest.  I could certainly see the GM talent in quick thinking and adaptation.  Good stuff bud.

deagle

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 10:38:05 pm »
It looked like fun when I popped in to say hello and see how all were doing and then popped out. :D

Then again the Deep Mother probably thought it best for me not to be there.:\\

Starr