The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Lifting of the ban on McLeve41/Naiather  (Read 345 times)

orth

Lifting of the ban on McLeve41/Naiather
« on: June 13, 2008, 01:33:00 pm »
After quite a bit of discussion we have decided to lift the permanent ban on McLeve41.  This was a difficult decision but the circumstances in the end led us to give him a second chance.

The player was very new when he broke the rules and never had a chance to own up or apologize since he stopped playing well before we even realized he had broken the rules.  Typically what we do in this case is ban the player then wait for them to check the forum and/or PM one of the administrators to plead his case.  In this case it never happened as his interest from Layonara faded.  So we just left the ban as permanent.  His maturity and commitment to be a positive member of the community at this point in time 2 years later led us to believe it would be beneficial for the community and him of course to lift the ban.

Additionally he could have just bought a second copy of NWN diamond or whatever and been right back in game without us being the wiser but he's taken the time to try to do this the right way and be a positive member of Layonara.

We will not be reinstating the Naiather player as his bank account and inventory are tainted, uncertain what truly belonged to him. But we're giving him another chance with a new character.

Please make him feel welcome and trust that he will bring a positive role to the world.  

If you have any concerns, do not hesitate to contact me.

-orth

Tanman

Re: Lifting of the ban on McLeve41/Naiather
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 07:23:42 am »
I just came across this post and after rereading it I would like to thank Orth and those that decided personally for coming to one such decision. It shows that there is fairness in what is decided and everything is considered.

Once again thank you.

anything