The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Major Update Today  (Read 808 times)

Stephen_Zuckerman

RE: Major Update Today
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2005, 02:02:00 pm »
Yes, but when, WHEN!? *Cries.*   I want to play around with those scribable scrolls... o.o  And, of course, those haks will take a little while to download, what with all the other things bogging down my network.

Thak

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2005, 02:45:00 pm »
*chuckles* Patience young Master... Or do you think Orth has given away all the goodies yet? *winks*

Kudos to all the team! Thanks fer making all these nifty things come true.

D Blaze

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2005, 03:14:00 pm »
I have to ask, I bet it wasn't done, but I have to ask.

Will someone casting the spell Flame Weapon or Darkfire set their weapon on fire in the color of their diety?
I can already see the multitudes of different flames carried and cast by people.
Toranites whipping around yellow Darkfire blades, Xeenites rocking the Purple, cuz i'm all for purple, and Katians sporting green flames.

If so, then SWEET!
And if a person cast the spell on someone else, will their weapon recieve the caster's color, or the color of the weapon's holder.

If not, then okay *sighs*, we'll just have to live with the rest of the super-cool update on the horizon. ;)

orth

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2005, 05:26:00 pm »
D Blaze - 12/31/2005  6:14 PM

I have to ask, I bet it wasn't done, but I have to ask.

Will someone casting the spell Flame Weapon or Darkfire set their weapon on fire in the color of their diety?
I can already see the multitudes of different flames carried and cast by people.
Toranites whipping around yellow Darkfire blades, Xeenites rocking the Purple, cuz i'm all for purple, and Katians sporting green flames.

If so, then SWEET!
And if a person cast the spell on someone else, will their weapon recieve the caster's color, or the color of the weapon's holder.

If not, then okay *sighs*, we'll just have to live with the rest of the super-cool update on the horizon. ;)

That would require coloured fx for every single weapon type.  That's a lot of work I'm pretty sure.  Thing is it just doesn't fit with Darkfire or Flame Weapon as per the words "fire" and "flame".  My vote would be to leave Flame Weapon as it is as it's arcane, but remove Darkfire altogether and call it something like Divine Heat which does Fire Damage but is coloured by deity, if we could get our only 3d guy to redo all the weapons in all the colours.

D Blaze

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2005, 05:35:00 pm »
hehe, it was a thought.

Just taking what you are doing and thinking up more ideas of where they can go even further.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2005, 06:46:00 pm »
Where are we gonna get cow meat? Skinnig minataurs? XD

Oh, any chance we could of fit worf of faith into that god color spell list?

If no it's still awsome!

KageKeeper

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2005, 07:15:00 pm »
lunchboxkilla - 12/31/2005  6:46 PM

Where are we gonna get cow meat? Skinnig minataurs? XD

Patience young grasshopper. All will be revealed in due time. :)

orth

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2005, 10:31:00 pm »
Well this isn't quite ready for everyone, we'll be beta testing it this go round but I want to introduce farming!  Blonde (dedude) coded up this incredible system and with the help of our graphics team and G-452 the Farmland expert, we'll be unveiling this system in the next release!    INTRODUCING FARMING (still in beta, only testers will have access)

• Signs
      • Signs have a conversation.  
      • Added an age to each product shown. (age in seasons)
      • progress bar that shows the current season of the farm.
      • status information for each product on the farm:
        • Water
        • Manure
        • Weed/Bugs
        • Current Condition.

• Each product is an "answer" in the conversation, and this is used to tell the farmer which product he is looking at. When you click on a line in the conversation, the product corresponding to that line will briefly light up.

• Gardens
          • Added water and manure. Each plant has an inventory and you can place water and manure inside it to tend the plant.
          • Added weeds. After a while weeds will begin to grow at a plant, and the farmer can equip his weed puller to remove them.
          • Added an upkeep script, that will track each plant at regular intevals. Water and manure will be decreased, and if they reach 0 the overall output of the plant will decrease.  
          • Weed will increase, and if left untended, it will also decrease the output.
          • Added an expiration check. Any product will only live a certain amount of seasons, and will be destroyed upon expiration.
          • Added an owners deed. You will not be able to use the farm at all without such a deed.
          • Added the corn kernels. In the harvest season, if you equip a harvesting tool and open the plants inventory, the harvest output of that plant will be computed, and an amount of corn is put into the plants inventory so the farmer can grab them.

• Orchards
            • Can Harvest Trees.
            • Added Young Apple Tree. For a, yet to be determined, number of seasons after planting, a tree will not give any output as it is "growing up".  
            • Added Apple Tree. The fully grown tree that will be harvestable once per season.
            • Added bugs for trees. Works much the same way as weeds for plants. Though they wont be visible outside the sign. They are removed by "using" the tree with your hands.

• Farm vendor
              • Added a farm vendor.
              • Added feature for buying a farm. The vendor will list all farms for sale in his area.
              • Added feature for selling a farm.
              • Added a deed shredder. A placeable with an inventory. You place a deed you wish to sell inside it, and talk to the vendor. You get the option to sell the farm for the deed inside the deed shredder.

[/list]

Variable

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2005, 10:50:00 pm »
wow! immpressive, i can't wait to take a look,

Guardian 452

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2006, 12:04:00 am »
A sample of a new Drink Description

Dwarf's Head Ale

This strong ale was once only served to dwarven nobility, thus it's name. It was only placed at the King's table, the Head table. This drink first found its way to the general population at the celebration honoring the dwarven champion, Gotak Gunger. Still today when you see a table of dwarves raise their steins you will hear this declaration... "Deathward is fer pansies!"

Thak

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2006, 12:38:00 am »
*runs around posting inane stuff in every update thread. Excited like kid unwrapping the biggest Present under the christmastree* Yay!

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2006, 12:39:00 am »
Thak - 1/1/2006  3:38 AM

*runs around posting inane stuff in every update thread. Excited like kid unwrapping the biggest Present under the christmastree* Yay!

Now if only we could get on to enjoy the BIGGEST PRESENT EVER.

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2006, 02:17:32 pm »
Any word yet on when the farmlands will be available to the public?  Jil is just impatient  :)

Dorganath

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2006, 08:57:21 pm »
We're still working out some bugs, but I think we're getting close.

darkwulf365

Re: Major Update Today
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006, 11:17:49 pm »
Hehe *Daren writes that down on the list of things that Jil wants but won't ask for, right underneath Ioun stone*

anything