The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: New Update Coming, HAK and TLK Download Required  (Read 1411 times)

orth

New Update Coming, HAK and TLK Download Required
« on: April 23, 2017, 05:20:13 pm »
Hello everyone,A new update will be coming soon. Players will be required to download some new haks and a new tlk file. There aren't a ton of features added yet but the new haks will prepare us to put some more fun stuff in place.Here are links to those files:Update Archive with new Haks (207MB): http://layonara.com/sites/layonara.com/files/nwn/haks/layo_update_4-22-2017.7z (Extract files into your hak folder)New TLK (758KB): http://layonara.com/sites/layonara.com/files/nwn/haks/layonara_v30.7z (Extract layonara_v30.tlk into your tlk folder)You can download them now and it won't impact your playing before the release. Once the update has been released I will let you know which old files you may delete for cleanliness.

Highlights of the Upcoming Release Version 3.70:

• In game time has been slowed from 4 RL minutes to an in game hour to 15 RL minutes to an in game hour. Spell durations are unchanged. This time slow has been approved to be in effect to 1420 as per here so in game events will have new historical dates. The forum clock has already been updated. Includes: =c layodate for getting the current date
  • New animations (See video here for an example) Usage: =c setstyle Note: Not every single robe and cloak will work (look good) with these new animations, we tried to work in as many as possible.
  • Rangers can use more scrolls now
  • Fix Weird bug instakilling with Protection vs
  • Tweak whirlwind to not lock up player
  • Fix bugged tiles in Hammerbound Peaks
  • Fix furniture tool delays
  • Fix corpse robbing quest
  • Dragon updates
  • Fix interior lights transitioning when they shouldn't
  • Remodeled Tomb of Lost Heroes
  • Added some DM tools
  • Some Great Library lore tweaks.
  • Visual FX Removal alchemical potion added
  • New quest area added with new tileset
-orth

orth

The server is being taken
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 07:03:01 pm »

The server is being taken down now for this latest update. It will take a short while to get everything into place and ensure things are running smooth.

-orth

orth

This update is now live and
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 10:59:46 pm »

This update is now live and appears to be running okay. I'm sure some little issues will arise but things seem stable and functional.

orth

It now feels safe to mention
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 01:06:55 pm »

It now feels safe to mention you can delete the following haks that are no longer required:

Please delete the following from your hak/ folder if you wish:

• layo_ctrlv3r??.hak - anything but the current layo_ctrlv3r21.hak can be deleted

• layo_female.hak

• layo_male.hak

• layo_resr1.hak

You can also delete any layo specific tlk in your tlk/ folder that is not layonara_v30.tlk

Teo

School is out and I sat down
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 04:39:58 pm »

School is out and I sat down to get this HAK set up (long overdue I know...)

Anyways. The TLK downloaded and extracted in just fine. However, the HAK file refuses to download. I believe it may be due to some latency with my internet connection, but it keeps getting between 10-50 MB downloaded and then says it's done, and then says the files are corrupted. 

Not sure how to fix this issue? I've tried both browsers on my computer (Chrome and Explorer) and they both have the same issue.

Thanks,

Teo

anything