The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Nibor21 Promotion  (Read 635 times)

Blackguy

Re: Nibor21 Promotion
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 02:02:18 am »
Congratulations, well deserved!

Nibor21

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 05:02:45 am »
Hi All.

I just want to say a few things.

Firstly, thank you for all the kind words of congratulations.

Secondly thanks to Project Team, especially Dorg and Leanthar who have done so much to make me feel welcome and given me this opportunity.

It is with some trepidation I accept this role not just because it will be demanding but because Dorg boots are absolutely massive and I am concerned if I can fill them nearly as well as he has. Luckily I am only taking over a small amount of the duties he has been doing so well up to now.

That said I will be working with a brilliant team who, as they have demonstrated time and time again can produce systems that rival anything a professional development can do. I hope with the help of the Team, I won't drop the ball too many times.

The initial goals of the team are to fix some bugs and get v3 on a stable footing where it is balanced, stable and fun.

Once that is done we have some new systems that we want to put in place that we think are going to add a lot to the world.

As project team lead I am hoping to put my stamp on things a little, but and this is most important, only to do so if it adds to the world we love and helps maintain its feeling of what Layonara is. (That said I want see all mentions of armor changed to armour, and all mentions of gray turned to grey ;)).

Once again I need state that I will merely be a member of a team. If you go to the circus, everyone sees the ringmaster and admires him, but he would be a sad lonely man without the rest of the troupe.

We have our lion tamers, wrestling to control the hakpack and create areas. We have our acrobats who can juggle a million lines of code and do it while swinging on the high wire. We have people waiting to be shot out a cannon by trying to get NWN to do things it was never originally meant to do. Oh and we are all clowns.....

On a final note following on from OldBear's post - Leanthar is a great boss to work for. He provides an interesting and challenging environment to work in. Now if only the salary didn't suck so much....

Faldred

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 09:53:16 am »
Quote from: Nibor21
(That said I want see all mentions of armor changed to armour, and all mentions of gray turned to grey ;)).

You can have my gray armor when you pry it from my cold, dead hands... >:/

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 04:29:31 pm »
Even though I'm rather late to post here, I'm going to say thank you, rather than congratulations.

hawklen

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 05:05:44 pm »
Quote from: Talan Va'lash
Even though I'm rather late to post here, I'm going to say thank you, rather than congratulations.

Now talan has more time to devote to making my clerics life a living hell.

*nods sagely, then looks around shifty eyed*

jrizz

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 12:12:22 am »
Congrats and thank you for your time.

Filatus

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 03:28:27 am »
Thank you for taking on the responsibility Nibor. You'll do great, I'm sure.

EdTheKet

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 05:17:11 am »
Congrats and welcome on board!