The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: No captain at firesteep  (Read 353 times)

blonde

No captain at firesteep
« on: August 19, 2005, 09:31:00 am »
Ok, so someone (not mentioning names) dragged enemies down to the captain and got him killed...i guess you dont need to worry when you can teleport, huh? But for the rest of us it's not that fun to be stuck there. Can someone please send a new captain to sail the boat..

EdTheKet

RE: No captain at firesteep
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 10:38:00 am »
The Firesteep captain has been resurrected by an evil cleric of Pyrtechon ;)
  And please don't lure monsters to the poor captain, thanks.

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 05:33:00 pm »
Alrighty... This is the one and only time I remind everybody at this rule.  When we brought this system in to play I specifically stated (and the programmers tried to code for) that this would never be used to escape combat or do what is stated in this thread.  I will find the person that did this so if you know who did it I would strongly advise you to contact me before I find you.
  Do NOT use this system to escape combat!  If it is done again this entire system will be ripped out.  Don't ruin it for the others that do not abuse this sort of thing.

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 07:12:00 pm »
Im sorry, but the dragon which i had battled i found was too much trouble for me to put my effort into so i hasted and left thinking hey it would stay somewhere but not folow me all the way past 3 screens and all to come get me so much later. I should have know becuese it did happen to me once before, but i figure hey if you out distance something by a long shot ( i had just finished resting when the thing came). Its just spawns like that (im now finding out through trial and error) will not stop following you no matter where you go, just like the malars which i found out as well. So all im trying to say is i didnt run from it and say ooo its the ship captain, let me have him fight him, no i thought i was totaly in the clear and minutes later the dragon just strolled in on me teed off. So what ive learned from all this is to leave the fire drake well alone unless i plan to finish it( which i did, sadly that was before it snacked on the captain. Sorry about all the confusion but i thought i was the one wronged by the glitch (not sure if thats how it was desinged or not) and i didnt want to start any up any trouble for the temple or the other inhabitants. thanks Cyran Locke

Leanthar

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 07:38:00 pm »
Thank you for your honesty Cryan.
  Placed creatures (like the malars and the drakes--and no there is no tell-tell signs of what is an encounter and what is a placed creature) do not unspawn across transitiions. 
  I have also been informed (and now realize) that the tome of teleportation is not working--it is supposed to be for level 14+ wizard... It seems that script does not compare class(es), just total level.  This will be fixed in the future.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 09:03:00 pm »
Acctually it must be going by wizard level, or at least only checking caster class levels, or talan would have it (which he doesnt.)

-TV

Leanthar

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 09:48:00 pm »
So then how does he have it? He is only level 5 as a wizard (or 4...)

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 04:59:00 am »
Not sure but if your talking about Armon,but hes a 13th lv mage 4th fighter. I cant wait till i get teleport though heh. I have never tried the teleport, but i promise to not use it till i am a 14th lv caster. Thanks Cyran Locke