The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Notice regarding the Saddlebag Pawn Shop  (Read 6185 times)

Dorganath

Notice regarding the Saddlebag Pawn Shop
« on: October 02, 2016, 10:12:13 pm »
All,As many are aware, we are doing a sweep of housing, which includes guild halls, for properties that are just taking up space and not benefitting the player base as a whole.A special case in this sweep is the Saddlebag Pawn Shop at 181 Port Hempstead Fields, however, the current owner (Calylith Eluchil) has not been seen since 2013. While not an actual official "guild" as we have defined them, this establishment was created by three characters and has a commerce-oriented purpose. If any of the other founders are present or if there is someone officially associated with the organization, please post below. If not, we would consider letting someone else take responsibility for this location and the services it provides.However if no one does, we will be inclined to shutter the Saddlebag Pawn Shop and return its address to the open market.

The following users thanked this post: Acacea, willhoff

cbnicholson

Since the location is a
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:49:25 pm »

Since the location is a personal home and Daniel does not have a home of his own per se - he currently resides in an apartment of sorts at 189 Wayfare -  I would be willing to assume ownership and keep it functioning as it is while using the upstairs as quarters if Serissa/Lana is amendable.  It seems to offer a niche that guilds simply cannot provide and I would hate to see that functionality go away for lack of a caretaker.

sincerely,

cb.

ps.  Consider this a first offer, I'll defer to anyone else who wants to assume this since DB is already a Angels guildmember and I'm not sure how this crosses a line or  if it does.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Dorganath

cbnicholson wrote:Since the
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 11:41:44 pm »

Quote from: "cbnicholson"&cid="2761162"

Since the location is a personal home and Daniel does not have a home of his own per se - he currently resides in an apartment of sorts at 189 Wayfare -  I would be willing to assume ownership and keep it functioning as it is while using the upstairs as quarters if Serissa/Lana is amendable.  It seems to offer a niche that guilds simply cannot provide and I would hate to see that functionality go away for lack of a caretaker.

sincerely,

cb.

ps.  Consider this a first offer, I'll defer to anyone else who wants to assume this since DB is already a Angels guildmember and I'm not sure how this crosses a line or  if it does.

Unfortunately, this may very well cross a line...or at least step very deepily into the grey fringes of said line, enough to probably make it wise to err very strongly on the side of caution. As a prominent member of the Angels, which is an economic/trade-oriented guild, Daniel operating another trade-related entity (even though it's of a different model) is kind of going against the spirit of the rules...even if the Saddlebag shop itself is not officially a "guild" as we have defined them.

This is not a hard "no", but it is not really what we would consider an ideal situation. In either case, we'll leave this open for now.

davidhoff

Corky would volunteer to run
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 11:34:20 pm »

Corky would volunteer to run the Saddle.  He's an unofficial member of a gnomish guild set up to run the unofficial guild of gnomes working out of a house previously owned by Sygian in Dalanthar.   That house was transfered to one of Stargazer's characters.  Some of the chests have been stocked and maintained by various characters (mainly Ryubi), but no official guild has been created to my knowledge; and I'm not sure any current plans to do so are being pushed at this point.

*Corky eyes the huge treasure trove at the Saddle* I'm also not sure where Corky would keep all the profits/donations of the Saddle; let alone how to use/invest them.

Edit:  Corky would also probably make some changes on how its run if he has his say-so.

Guardian 452

My character Dot used to
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 11:10:47 am »

My character Dot used to assist with the running of Saddlebag pawn. I would love to see someone keep that thing going. It sure is a nice system IMO.

If whomever takes over has any questions feel free to PM me or email might be faster since I dont check here too often anymore

amellecker@yahoo.com

Peace

G-452

Olme

Thoven  would be willing to
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 10:00:18 am »

Thoven  would be willing to manage the store either alone or with others

Chuckles_McChuck

Lia wouldn't quite help
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 10:24:17 am »

Lia wouldn't quite help manage the store, but in the need of supplies and a place to trade and sell wares she can help be a usual supplier.

Lance Stargazer

I am interested to keep the
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 07:36:05 pm »

I am interested to keep the concept alive,  Since when Riven started i've liked the concept and helped in a way thru the Calylith taking management.  So interested as well 

Olme

I have a lower level
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 06:59:01 am »

I have a lower level character : Orrin Willis ... level  9 that would be willing to assume the job of managing the store.

In compensation I propose he be allowed to receive  2.5% of any cash deposited in the shop in the normal course of business.

( This would  in affect be 0.025 % of the posted transaction prices, as under present rules all transactions incur a 10% fee ...25 true per 10000)

or ...alternatively a nominal flat fee 'salary'  of an amount TBD..perhaps in the range of 100-1000 True a week 

1) I would propose that this scheme (if adopted)  be put into affect with a 'clean slate' ...all existing cash in the store emptied  under GM supervision/ action and put in trust or donated to some cause.

2) Any transactions to buy/sell anything (for his personal account) in the store by my custodian character would be done under GM supervision or some other 

verification means.

3) Be given the authority to reset prices/policies with as much GM or other supervision as would be deemed appropriate.

4) to sell off via the NPC pawn shops ecxcess duplicate items.

5) Any other restrictions etc that are deemed necessary.

Note I  am not be proposing to 'buy out' the store, or take an ownership position or benefit in any way other than the above proposed caretaker fee.

I believe this scheme could work with joint management ( other character, characters) if there is  interest .

orth

Re: Notice regarding the Saddlebag Pawn Shop
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 08:04:35 pm »
This house is going to be violently robbed of all its contents and the house and furnishings (including the existing titles) will be put up for auction unless someone who can claim ownership convinces me they'll manage the shop again.

Tobias

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 08:50:15 pm »
Celador could and take over running the Saddlebag. Him and Caly were in relationship before me and the player took a break and it would make sense that he took  over running it.

if it were to happen, Celador would need to leave the Angels guild of course. Which currently he is an inactive member.

I would hate to see the shop fade away.

The following users thanked this post: Chazzler, willhoff

WarriorOfTheLance

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 11:59:57 pm »
any of my characters would manage the shop if given the oportunity

davidhoff

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 12:36:50 am »
Corky or Griff would lend a hand if needed either to manage, supervise or advice.  They'd probably have some ideas to change things up a bit.

The following users thanked this post: Tobias

Riven

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 02:42:03 pm »
I see a lot of people who spoke up in this thread with interest in helping out with the Saddlebag, when Dorganath was considering ending the Saddlebag (Davidhoff, Olme, Lance Stargazer, Warrior of the Lance, Guardian 452, etc.)

We have a guild forum now for the Saddlebag, and I'm looking to build the guild. If you are interested, check out this post:

https://forums.layonara.com/trade-and-market-hall/looking-for-new-guild-members-of-the-saddlebag-pawn-shop/

I'm working on a finance proposal for guild members, and I'll happily share it with any who have serious interest in being a part of the Saddlebag.

Thanks!
Mark (playing Riven Ring-Cleaver)

Riven

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 03:26:43 pm »
and, FYI, Orth emptied the chest of coin (for good reason) when I rejoined and reclaimed the shop.  So we are starting fresh, and I'd like the shop to be sharing funds with members as well as raising funds for causes.