The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: perma death  (Read 3959 times)

EdTheKet

RE: perma death
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2005, 10:57:00 pm »
There's no fixed conversion rate for real time to Layo time, as it also involves the occurance of certain events (read plot events) to move time.

muaddib

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2005, 07:58:00 am »
perma death is cool if i ever get bored of my charater im just goin to charge into any big group of nasty lookin killin things and keep hackin them till i die and then do it again and agian and etc

Leanthar

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2005, 08:04:00 am »
Please do not do that.  That is pretty much an insult to all other players out there that will treat death with respect, as it should be.
  I have seen a lot of your posts and I am going to make something clear here.
  This is an RP server, it is not for hack and slash.  RP is what we are after. 

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2005, 09:09:00 am »
...im only level 11... or is it 12... dont know i dont play often anymore. I have 7 or 8 DT. and i dont thank i die all to often. lol the one i  rember to most is from a climbing rock... i was on my way back from a trip through fire steps and i died on a rock... and i got a DT, rather funning i might add now that i thank of it, OH and i also noted, not shure if its just me, but as a lvl 11... i die... and it makes the roll vs the sole mother, now it should be somthing like; rolled a 19. DC=11. 11 is my level so the DC should be 11 correct? well for me when i die my DC is 12... now ive never rolled a 12 and got a toekn so i dont know if its just a typo or what, but just thought i should toss that out there.

orth

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2005, 11:42:00 am »
LoganGrimnar - 7/16/2005  12:09 PM

...im only level 11... or is it 12... dont know i dont play often anymore. I have 7 or 8 DT. and i dont thank i die all to often. lol the one i  rember to most is from a climbing rock... i was on my way back from a trip through fire steps and i died on a rock... and i got a DT, rather funning i might add now that i thank of it, OH and i also noted, not shure if its just me, but as a lvl 11... i die... and it makes the roll vs the sole mother, now it should be somthing like; rolled a 19. DC=11. 11 is my level so the DC should be 11 correct? well for me when i die my DC is 12... now ive never rolled a 12 and got a toekn so i dont know if its just a typo or what, but just thought i should toss that out there.

You have 7 tokens, as for dying too often, you've died the second most of any player on the server since we've started keeping track.

The chance at getting a token is 11%, so rolling an 11 would be a failure, so the DC is actually 12.

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
    • Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2005, 12:32:00 pm »
I imagine people are going to get tired of hearing about it *very* soon, but I'd just like to point out that sometimes, the system *will* nail you.  In the last five times I've died, four of those resulted in DTs, one non-token death in between two sets of two in a row, and I was level 8 or below for all four of them.  Ask the people I usually run with, I die very rarely at all.

Just avoid dying, and it won't be a problem.

orth

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2005, 12:35:00 pm »
Imagine investing over a year in your character and doing great, then getting 4 tokens in 2 weeks on 5 deaths.  Such is the way of the dice.

As for avoiding dying.  Er go on more of Leanthar's quests. Heh

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
    • Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2005, 12:37:00 pm »
Ouch.  Did that happen to you?  What level was the character?

orth

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2005, 12:44:00 pm »
Heh yep, 19 and 20.  But I took the Soul Mother's Defense Feat which gives you 5 more tokens.  Though you can only can take it after level 20.

2 of those tokens happened about 45 minutes apart too, nasty quest, the Red Moon Ritual.

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
    • Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2005, 12:47:00 pm »
I win!  DT's 1 and 2 were fifteen minutes apart at level.. 6 or 7, I believe.  It was on the Fate of Carocsa.

Is that a Layo record?  I do hope so. ;)

Eight-Bit

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2005, 12:49:00 pm »
ZeroVega - 2/3/2005  11:24 AM

Yeah, as long as you don't say, "death ward is fer panzies!" You should be fine until you at least hit the mid teen levels.

I still feel bad about that quest. But hey, atleast I can say I'm the only person to run a quest where someone Perma died, and said "Deathward is fer pansies" two minutes before their death.

orth

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2005, 12:54:00 pm »
Rayenoir - 7/16/2005  3:47 PM

I win!  DT's 1 and 2 were fifteen minutes apart at level.. 6 or 7, I believe.  It was on the Fate of Carocsa.

Is that a Layo record?  I do hope so. ;)

Sorry nope, it was 29 minutes apart, another player received 2 at Level 7 in 9 minutes.

Filatus

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2005, 01:00:00 pm »

*shrugs* This is why wizards have invisibility.

Take the coward's way I say, you'll live longer.

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
    • Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2005, 01:00:00 pm »
Yikes.  Give him/her a prize.  hehe

Dorganath

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2005, 02:55:00 pm »
Filatus - 7/16/2005  3:00 PM

*shrugs* This is why wizards have invisibility.

Take the coward's way I say, you'll live longer.

Hellballs see through invisibility.....take my word for it! :)

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2005, 03:08:00 pm »
wow.... i am really second?.. whos first... wait.. wow im second.. hee, i dident thank i went down that fast... hee, kinda funny. ahh, oh well he had some good times... took out the oger chief at a very low level soloing.. i thank i had just learned fireball, he also took out the lizard king/chief or whatever soloing.. oh wait actually there was a elf with me, but i made him invis so he dident get us killed, now that was a tuff fight. Maby ill be second person to get perma death, or just retire him. and thanks for clarfiing on the DC thing, that makes sence now that i thank of it that way.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2005, 04:44:00 pm »
Back in the day when Prong used to DM Llu would get and loose a perm token every night due to his "Lets slaughter Llu" night.

Did I mention that was every night?

darkwulf365

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2005, 09:16:00 pm »
You mean I...little old me...can take a feat upon level 20 that gives me 5 more DT's? Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou...9 down...11 lvls to go...oh...and orth? that 2 DT's in 9 mins at level 7 sounds sort of familiar....ummmmm...*looks around hoping nobody notices*

*Jeran drops to his knees to send up a prayer of thanks and then remembers he has no god, gets up dusts himself off and walks off toward his campfire with a wicked grin on his face*

anything