The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Prelude to a MAJOR Update.  (Read 684 times)

orth

RE: Prelude to a MAJOR Update.
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2005, 09:29:00 pm »
I never missed Roldem....

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2005, 09:29:00 pm »
Kinda makes sense with the flagbearers.

Guy in shiny armor for dregar... not sure of the mistone one.  a wizard guy for rillara, the monk looking guy for roldem, the elf for voltrex and the screwed up guy with fiendish heritage with the xantrill one.

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2005, 09:32:00 pm »
Talan Va'lash - 6/3/2005  12:29 AM

Kinda makes sense with the flagbearers.

Guy in shiny armor for dregar... not sure of the mistone one.  a wizard guy for rillara, the monk looking guy for roldem, the elf for voltrex and the screwed up guy with fiendish heritage with the xantrill one.

yeah that was the thought I had in mind when I made em

Leanthar

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2005, 09:32:00 pm »
*smacks forehead*  Orth had it right.. I was just looking for "kingdom"... shutting up now. :)

ZeroVega

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2005, 04:58:00 am »
Aww, don't feel stupid L. That's my job. Great work on the flags Ice!

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2005, 05:49:00 am »
*smiles* didn't make the flags... just the guys holding them, but thanks Zero

ZeroVega

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2005, 06:06:00 am »
Meh! Same difference. ^_^ It all looks great. 

freemen2

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2005, 09:59:00 am »
Looking good, can't wait ;)
But when did we loose Rilara?

Shadowblade225

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2005, 12:26:00 pm »
This is really great...there are so many good haks out there I was always wondering when and if they'd be added to the world to enhance it.  It can be a pain to do such things, especially with all the scripting layo has.  I'm really looking forward to it all. I'm wondering (and I hope I'm not out of line by asking - I know this takes a tremendous amount of work that i'd like to say thank you to those involved) if the area transitions are going to be modified - not the triggers but rather the area to area transitions..for example..(unless this has changed since I took a long break from layo)...in the port hampshire outskirts you're in a green grassy area..then the next area..BAM...desert - inserting a drylands area or rural with a dry atmosphere..or something along those lines in between to make a realistic gradual transition.  Or another example...with pranzis the capital city..some rolling hills and a dirt road...then BAM..the city...no gates on the outskirts...I know there are haks to do that..but again great work and I'm not an expert so maybe this isn't feasable.  I once created a module using the nanosky haks starting from a daggerdale swamp hak all the way up to the mountain peaks using the frozen wastelands hak with the icy mountain peak sky.  As you slowly ascended from swamp to jungle to rural grass to dry grass to dry lands to green mountains to snowy mountains to the peak.  Unbelievable scenary as you looked far into the isolation of the icy mountain peak.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2005, 06:19:00 pm »
The modules are pretty maxed out for the number of areas that they can have in them.

If I recall Bioware intended modules to have something like 50 areas each.

Each of the layo modues has hundreds of areas already.

Shadowblade225

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2005, 06:49:00 am »
I see...thanks Talan.  I didn't even know that.

anything