The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Mandatory Item Ox List  (Read 257 times)

Chongo

Mandatory Item Ox List
« on: February 29, 2008, 12:44:10 am »
Folks, I apologize for this, but due to balance concerns with some of the items I'd created in the August update, we'll requiring anyone owning one of these items to immediately place it on an ox pack to be reset to it's new values.

- Jorel's Sheath
- All Dragon Scales
- Lihariatxolilal's Ring
- Death's Visor
- Enchanted Mithril Ore
- Hraykilar's Blessing Belt
- Iliarial's Blade
- Lost Clan Rune Shield
- Rags of Rage
- Shard of Hray's Portal
- Stone Sheath Boots
- Vreliaxlia's Silver Sword
- Wyvern's Tail

Directions:

1) Get an ox.  If you have one of these items... I know you can afford it.
 2) Place the item in the pack that can be taken off of the ox.
 3) Remove the item and you have the new properties.
 4) Yes, you will have to redesign it... and again, I know you can afford it.

I do apologize for the inconvenience and take full responsibility for the overdone items.

Thanks for working with us on this.  We'll give you a two week grace period to read this message, at which point items noticed that are the old versions will be taken from your inventory.  I would like to *not* see people using enchanted mithril ore or like items for the next two weeks and then ox'ing them last minute.  That's lacking in the coolness factor.

Thanks again.

The following users thanked this post: Tanman

s0ulz

Re: Mandatory Item Ox List
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 04:37:39 am »
I thought I'd give some feedback on this if I may. I'm a bit disappointed on how much some of these items got nerfed.

- All Dragon Scales

I own one of those and it was one of the best items I've ever seen and it dropped from an epic creature. Now with charges, it's par useless since there is no effective way of ever replenishing the charges. Some items of superior rarity should still be powerful and it had an effect every party was thankful for. It was more of a party helper than a singular booster. It was fine as it was, now it's too rare to use up the charges.

- Lihariatxolilal's Ring

A static drop previously, this item should've been taken off the static item list, not nerfed to complete uselessness. But I agree spell mantle was too much, so let's leave it as it is.

- Enchanted Mithril Ore

This item needed a nerf, casting spells three times a day was too much, but completely shutting it down by turning into charges will only make people stack up these drops. No one wants that. 1/day items aren't all that puffed up as you'd think. Buffers get wiped in a spell or two, so hardly a game winner here.

- Hraykilar's Blessing Belt

Well balanced item now, before it was too overpowered.

- Rags of Rage

Without a significant boon to make up for the negatives this armor carries, it's now useless. The regeneration would've balanced out with the new penalties.

- Wyvern's Tail
Premonition was overpowered, but the item itself describes some sort of concealment effect, so maybe a short duration displacement would've been more balanced, but right now it's just a fancy dagger useful for dagger-ists :P

It came out much as a rant, but it's in no way meant as pointing fingers at anyone. I just think that some of these adjustments were too serious considering the rareness of their drops or difficulty to get.

Chongo

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 03:46:09 pm »
Alright, it's been several months since this notification, and we're still seeing some of the ox list items in their original form.

Effective 7/12/08, the GM Team will be removing any old versions we see on folks, and we won't be replacing it.

If you're not sure if it's the original or not... ox it.  It's a better option then losing it altogether.

Thank you for your cooperation.

EdTheKet

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 05:00:33 am »
And for those who don't use the strange way how the US writes down dates, that's July 12, not December 7, 2008 ;)

Frelinder

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 07:54:58 pm »
Ohh.. I haven't been in game for a while but if I get to It in time I will ox the things I have. No worries otherwise that they will be removed..

/Boon Loom

anything