The NWN Persistent World > Layonara Server

The Skalds Terrifying Bellow

(1/2) > >>

Meizter:
I just got my first skald level last night but noticed when I use the terrifying bellow it also scares people in my party. From the description in the prestige class section it reads (or I read it as) that the enemies flee. Was just wondering if it is supposed to affect friendlies within range as well as hostiles.

Description from the PrC section:
Terrorifying Bellow (Level 1) - This enables the Skald to cause fear and havok in the midst of combat, he is able to send his enemies fleeing beforehim when he screams his war cry. Usable once per day, this increases to twice per day at 3rd and three times per day at 6th.

And I would guess it should be written as "Terrifying" as I mentioned in the typo thread.

Talan Va'lash:
This was brought up before when farros one of Lonns chars took his skald levels.... but it was even worse back then, he even scared himself.

such a funny mental picture.... Farros all ready for combat, sword out charging... and suddenly he makes this terrible noise, looks frightened for a moment and everyone does a 180 and runs away wetting themselves hehehe.

i think the decision was to leave the ability powerful (either no save or really high save DC as it is now) and balance it by making you use it carefully so you dont scare your party away.

I'm sure someone else can tell us if this is the offical stance or what, but thats how I recall the discussion going.

-TV

Leanthar:
*nods* Talan is correct.

Meizter:
hehe that must have been a sight.

If it is supposed to affect everyone it is fine by me, it is a terrible sound and would probably scare most people, just wanted to put some attention to it if it was not the case.

Thunder Pants:
just remember to have the party protected from yourself and you should be alright, if your of good alignment a protection from good on party members should do the trick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version