The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Server Message says Banned  (Read 302 times)

Redhawk

Server Message says Banned
« on: February 27, 2006, 12:30:01 pm »
I have an approved character, a legit copy of the game and yet everytime i try to connect i am informed that i am banned on the west server. i've tried direct connect, i've disabled my firewall. i can get onto gamespy and into other games, i can't get into Layonara west server. any suggestions would be awesome. thanks, redhawk

orth

Re: Server Message says Banned
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 12:35:20 pm »
Were you attempting to connect to Layonara with the DM Client?  Your CD Key has been autobanned for too many password attempts using the DM Client.

Redhawk

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 12:37:37 pm »
ok. i've gone directly in,not throught dm client -- if i'm using it then i'm not aware of that -- and if i've made to many password attempts, how do i fix it?

orth

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 12:38:20 pm »
I've removed your cdkey from the list of banned keys.  This will not be in effect until the next time the server resets.  Please ensure you're connecting with the Player Client and not the DM Client.  Thanks.

Redhawk

RE: Server Message says Banned
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 12:41:00 pm »
done deal .. it was an error i was unaware of.. i will fix it. of course, being an unconcious mistake, how can i make sure that i am entering through the player client? usually i fire up the game, click play, join internet game and then log into layonara. not sure how this would drop me into the dm client. thanks, redhawk

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 01:39:12 pm »
likly the only way your getting over as a DM is when you click the "dm" thing butten. when that screen pops up in the begining there are a few options, like play, toolset, read me, configure. if you click on the one that says DM Client, and try to log into a server, that is where you getting your proablem i think.

Redhawk

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 01:42:21 pm »
odd that the server would recognize me as coming thru the dm client.  maybe i made the mistake once and that was all it took, but i don't remember doing it. let's hope it doesn't happen again. thanks for all the help... i guess i've picked right playing a halfgiant. redhawk

anything