The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: When Proper RP Infringes Upon Other Player's Enjoyment  (Read 492 times)

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: When Proper RP Infringes Upon Other Player's Enjoyment
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 07:09:19 pm »
My little piece.

For those followers of the not-so-good deities? Being a royal jerk can be fun for those around you for, oh, about ten to fifteen minutes. After that, it gets tiresome and loathsome. For myself, at least...

Just because your character is a royal pain in the rear to other characters does not mean you should be a royal pain in the rear to other players.

The distinction matters.

solarina

• View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 08:47:08 pm »
    yes it went on far to long within 15 mins i stated via tell that it was 125 % not fun any longer , to which i was told "" well everyone else is having a great time of it , RP it out ect ect. ""

Id just like to see it not happen again. Should something like this happen again RP or not i wil state "" *solarina casts an incantation sending her pixie to her home plane of being ** and walk away.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2006, 11:40:05 pm »
    Okay there was only one side of the story now prepare for the other side.

"1) Someone forced an *emoted* action without giving your character or the target (in this case, a familiar) the chance to resist or avoid it."

A chance was made to avoid it, infact, she ran away more than once but STILL decided to fly around my half giant with her familiar, eventually she could expect something would happen.

"2) Someone was hiding behind the no-PvP rule, knowing that you could not immediately react as your character would."

I could very well go and PVP her, but she's 3 levels below me and an elven mage, while im a half giant fighter.
    Technically I deal as much damage as she has HP per round and have enough HP to take any spell she can throw in her level at me... What exactly would be the point of PVP?
    Also, Ozy was there (he was also taking part in it, and he rather enjoyed it I think) and said he'd approve PVP.

"I can only make assumptions, and if I had to guess, this happened in Hlint, which in itself is a specific no PvP zone with even greater rules against this kind of thing."
    It happened in Hlint and around, I ran in the sewers and in the wastelands as well - however instead of chasing me (from the first moment of the event) all she did was say "i can summon and unsummon her at will" or "i should PVP you this server sucks"
    Which as far as im considered, a rather lame RP attempt to get her pixie back.

Now on behaf of all those who took part in the "event" (Which im glad to say were quite a bit) we had fun, it was a funny thing to do (asking pie randsome for a pixie? please, and having a master thief help with your escape? :p)

An attempt to get the pixie back was made by a list of people, NONE of which included Solarina herself, all she did in order to return the Pixie was a 5 minute conversation with Grote that included teasing him for having a pixie and that's about it.
    The rest was tells that contained "id pvp you, this server sucks, this is lame i can unsummon and summon her" etc etc etc.

To represent how much she didn't contribute to it... even after she left we continued and eventually the pixie was returned.

I'm sorry but just because one player claims its "griefing" doesn't mean it is, and even if it is she could have VERY WELL walked away - we wouldn't care and we continued regardless, without her, she was NOT forced to stay.
    theres a thin line between lazy and lack of enjoyment :p

Hellblazer

RE: When Proper RP Infringes Upon Other Player's Enjoyment
    « Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 02:23:58 am »
    The fact of the matter is , as Dorg stated, weither or not you ( the others) had fun, you were taking the fun of playing out of someone else. No matter what RP reason you give to it, it is still greifing as she told you that she -did not- want to follow through this player event that was not discuss prior with her to see if she would like this to happen.
      This place is for -ALL- to have fun not just the other persons that was there with you but also the person that was directly concerned being her.
      Once someone sais "its enough, stop it, no i dont want to etc" you should stop imediatly.
      And beside pvp are only approved by Dm and WL, I am unsure if Ozzy is even a World leader.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 03:00:26 am »
    Ah but thats where you're wrong, she didnt say "it's not fun, stop please"

she said "this server sucks, i cant pvp, this is not fun"

If the fact you cant attack me in town ruins your roleplaying experince than too bad, but in my opinion she did NOTHING to deserve us stopping - she wasn't roleplaying the event AT ALL.

I could very well say she was ruining my gaming experince with the lack of roleplay on her side.

Weeblie

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 04:23:59 am »
    Hellblazer - 12/22/2006 11:23 AM   And beside pvp are only approved by Dm and WL, I am unsure if Ozzy is even a World leader.

A list of the world leaders can be found here: http://nwn.layonara.com/WorldLeadersIndex
      It is very easy to see when you have been approved by a WL for PvP or not: It has been approved when he or she has pointed the PvP wand to you and the opponent. If I remember correctly, a message will appear when it is done.
      If you, as a player,don't enjoy a particular thing happening in game, you can either RP your way out (which is prefered, but might not be something you are on the mood to do) or simply write "// Alright. I don't find this very fun.". It sounds as though there was lack or misunderstandings for the OOC communication in this case.

Hellblazer

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006, 06:04:11 am »
    Thanks weeblie, so Oz is a Wl, he could had approve the pvp.

Leanthar

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2006, 06:25:18 am »
    Okay. Enough with the pvp and this conversation on this incident. We have already talked to all three involved. We really don't need players dragging things on.
      When a WL or GM approves PvP players will know it as you will get a message when the device is used on the players.

solarina

• View Profile
      « Reply #28 on: December 22, 2006, 07:15:31 am »
      it was resolved nicely by the DMs.  i know it was asked the thread be closed but in all fairness i need to correct something , then i intend to never ever post to this thread again.  1)""Ah but thats where you're wrong, she didnt say "it's not fun, stop please" ""  yes i did many times over via tells in plain english.   2) the other thing i feel needs to be said it was by no means an "" event "" i didnt sign up for one nor ask to be in one or at my expense / game time. You cant force a PC into an "" event "" at there own expense for Your enjoyment.  regaurdless a happy ending was had it was resloved by the DM team.   my apologys for posting this to this thread instead of making a seperate one , but i felt it a valid cross tie.   To any this has effected , my apologys sincerely , solarina De ' Shade.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2006, 07:58:15 am »
      Considering you said this matter was solved yet you continue to stretch it further and further I rest my case.

"2) the other thing i feel needs to be said it was by no means an "" event "" i didnt sign up for one nor ask to be in one or at my expense / game time. You cant force a PC into an "" event "" at there own expense for Your enjoyment."

Sorry if you missed some precious hunting time due to roleplay.

and by the way, stop saying we forced-captured your pixie, you managed to escape more than 5 times yet you kept flying around Grote *sigh*

Happy ending? hardly, but there's nothing I or the others can do.

Dorganath

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2006, 08:11:46 am »
      OK, this has now officially reached the status of being silly.
        No more discussion on this incident. No more justifications from anyone. It has been discussed at length by GMs and the players involved and should have been resolved at that.
        Just let it lie.
        It's done.

Leanthar

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2006, 08:21:00 am »
      This thread is locked. Grow up people.