The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: In the kitchen  (Read 606 times)

Filatus

In the kitchen
« on: April 01, 2008, 03:06:43 pm »
[SIZE=18]
Hardragh walks into the kitchen, carrying a sack of grain over his shoulder and tosses the contents in a crate.[/size]
[SIZE=16]
"Oi Lance, just something I picked up along the way back to Leringard. When you get the kitchen sorted out, you can always let me know if anything is needed."[/SIZE][SIZE=18]
[/B] He grins slightly.[/size] [SIZE=16]"Hardly a port I don't visit anyhow, so I should be able to get most of anything for ya."[/SIZE][/I]

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Lalaith Va'lash

Re: In the kitchen
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »
*Kali overhears and giggles, walking over quietly she nudges Hardragh.*  "Let's not scare him away by saying things like that."  *She whispers.*  "He's Inn Keeper, in charge of the rent and the like... "  

"Never said nothing about being Kitchen Manager too, and while we DO need one of those, its a little much for one person."

*gives Hardragh a playful look.* "Can't be overworking the staff and all."  *Kali opens a bottle of firewood Lager and hands it over to Lance as she passes by him.*

twidget658

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 03:29:26 pm »
*Lance stands there looking at the note, stunned and scratching his head.*

The kitchen, too?

*Looks around the kitchen at all the chests; lost in thought about how a kitchen even operates.*

Looks like we got everything we need.

*Shrugs and puts the note back like it was never touched.*

Filatus

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 03:37:03 pm »
"Ohh rent.. right.."[/i][/B] He scratches his chin. "I do remember some discussion about that.."

He clacks his tongue, then shrugs."Better find us a cook then."
[/b][/i][/size][/font]

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 03:39:18 pm »
*Kali glances back in a playful manner*

"I can make.... wine."

Filatus

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 04:22:37 pm »
He grins at that. "That's one thing the Gala will need, right? And lots of it."

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 04:27:12 pm »
"mhmm... we'd better put the call out to all Arms employees to begin the gathering of grapes again... "

*She smiles*

"Maybe also make mention that we are looking for a new kitchen manger, chef, brewer, or any combination of the three.  Even somebody without cooking skills, but with ambition, and business sense could help pull the kitchen back together, don't you think? "
[/I][/COLOR]

--

Krug

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 11:13:29 pm »
"Oi der ms....... ms........
Me name be Suds of dey Alebrew Clan
I jist happen to see dey sign ye be lukin' fer a new cook/brewer.
Well be skills aint ta great in dey cookin' but brewin be me best.
I was wonderin' ifin' ye still need dey job filled dat I be willin' to do so.
So, do I get dey job?

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 08:16:26 am »
*Kali raises an eyebrow as the dwarf enters the tavern, standing at the kitchen door.*

"News sure travels fast in these parts!"
*She giggles as she casts a mischievous glance back to Hardragh before turning to face the dwarf again.*

"Suds? Was it?" *The gypsy smiles thoughtfully* "Do you have any of these ales you've brewed on you, so that we might try?"

"Part of the application process, of course..." *She grins playfully back.*[/COLOR]

--

Krug

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 11:13:20 am »
*looks at the gypsey nervously*

Aye, I always carry atleast one jug of dey stuff *chuckles*

*Suds take off his pack and pulls out a few jugs*

Des be wut I carry now, luks like I got a wiz's wheat ale, Will-o-wiskey, oi got sum juices luks like razbury,

*picks up a jug and takes a drink* Aye dat be a broken knuckle beer, and last but not least.

*he takes out his pack a jug wrapped carefully so not to break*

Aye, dey greatest ale in all of Layonara. Dis I can not duplitcate, not fer awhile, So make sure ye dont drink it to much.

*He pulls out the legendary Clan Alebrew, Ale; and hands the jug to kali*

Pibemanden

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 11:25:31 am »
*Storold hums to himself walking into the kitchen to cook up some dinner for Clover and himself*

You need someone to cook? Well I can cook some, just not sure if my food will meet your high standarts here at the inn..

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 10:19:30 pm »
*Kali grins a little curiously, taking the jug from Suds to take just a small sip across her rose red lips.*

*Slowly she presses her lips into a smile as hands the jug back.  She consider briefly and then speaks.*

"Most do claim that dwarves know a thing or two about ale." *She looks him and his equipment over, as if sizing him up.*

"You ain't got a problem with working for an elf then?" *She offers a playful grin, most everything about her already hinting at the fact how she isn't truly like many normal elves.*

//PM me and we can try to set up a time to meet In Game to discuss further IC.

*Interupted Kali turns to Storold with a grin.*

"If Derrick Loadson and his oven mitts could cook the best tasting pies I've ever enjoyed, then I'm sure Storold Protector of the Weave, might make a find addition to the kichen!"

*The gypsy offers a charming smile.*

"Let's chat though and see how this will work out for us though eh?"

//ditto on the PM thing - though it may be a few days before I can make it on.  Currently right in the middle of my senior thesis.  But some details can be talked about in PM :)

Carillon

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 01:52:30 am »
*Arynne wanders through the kitchen, quietly checking the supplies and making a few notes, then leaves as unobtrusively as she came. The only sign of her passing is a plate of warm blueberry and almond biscuits left for the Arms staff in the kitchen with a little note saying Help yourselves!*

twidget658

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 03:02:13 am »
*Lance walks into the kitchen after everyone has settled down for the evening rubbing his bare belly. His ice blue eyes survey the kitchen for a late night snack. He sees the plate and a grin slowly appears on his face. He walks over to the plate and picks it up to hold it under his noise to sniff. The grin turns into a devious smile. He picks up the note and sees who the goodies are from. He then tucks the note into the front pocket of his pants and heads to his room with the plate held behind his back in case he runs into someone.*