The NWN Persistent World > Long-running Quests

Mean Streets

<< < (2/6) > >>

lonnarin:
A gnomish clerk rummages through his piling inbox, furiously scribing out letters and correspondences to the case./pms sent, sorry for the delay, I was backed up with 3 exams (which I aced!)

Brutus_Clawfoot:
Mangus, seated at the bar; some folk might say, other than being a bar, what he is seated at is more precisely two boards resting on two wooden horses, but in the part of Vehl where Mangus often finds himself drinking, it serves as bar enough, leans over to a new found friend, bonded by enough measures of Ironhorn bock; a grey bearded dwarf with a wooden leg and a patch over his right eye and say's " Er dunno Gimpy, on deh one han' we wants tuh catch dat guy, *burp* on deh other  han' he's kill'n all kin'a folk what deserves punish'n!"The Grey bearded dwarf, gives Mangus a blank stare. He figured out about five rounds ago, that if he just sits there nodding his head and giving the behemouth blank stares, sooner of later Mangus will blindly buy him yet another round.Mangus stares lovingly at his own mug. "...But den....dere's dat question er 'law'n order.' Dem humans is quick teh point dat out! *hic!* Bah! Dey DO got er point! Can't be lett'n no crackpot go runn'n around decide'n what's right an' what's wrong!"Slowley swaying he looks over to the dwarfs mug, then to the dwarf, then to the slaad behind the bar, " Hey barkeep! How's about ernother round fer me'n Gimpy here!....*hic* ...Better make it er double!"

RollinsCat:
Ty extracts himself from the Rofirinte temple some time later, with notes. He locates whomever of those he knew were investigating and gives a summary of his findings."So yeah - got a list of the deaths here. Before you all arrived he was implicated in the murder of a healer drugging her patients to death, she was the wife of -" He checks his notes. "Shady Joe, then he whacked some enforcer for the Silver Fist gang named Slicky-Nick, and took out a guy who beat his wife to death. Then Trent, the Cutters, and Grace the Corathite. So, here's some interesting extra stuff. That copy-cat killer? His real name was Michael Edwards, ran a bar down on the docks. Just a local tough guy, nothing too special. Guess he took inspiration from the vigilante but he was killing just pickpockets and thugs as well as murderers. When the Rofies found him he'd been hacked up by what they think was a rusty longsword, arms and legs chopped first, throat slit last by the wounds. So Mr. Edwards got visited by his hero, looks like. Be interesting to visit that bar, just to be thorough."I did some date-matching, bout as boring as watching clay dry, but here's another thing. While I couldn't find any Rofie that's been wrongfully accused, all the killings began after the temple there was bombed in some incident with a Jester, some comedian whose brain got broke by Corathites. I wasn't around for that so fill me in if you know. So, this Jester is still supposed to be locked up in the Vehl dungeons. They haven't killed him yet 'cause they think that the Jester isn't his real personality. Captain told me it was possession or maybe Corathite brainwashing or something, they're studying him as a key to the Black Wizards. It's not a popular decision by the way. Lot of folks want him hanged yesterday. I'm thinking we might outght to pay him a visit. And quick."Last, there are no special racial links - most of the dead are humans but there were some halfers and dwarves in the Cutters so I don't think it's racial. The only thing we can say for certain is all of the vigilante's victims were killers. Gonna call him Vigil for short I think."

lonnarin:
//Got a wide open week coming up!  What day would be best for you folks to run the next session?  Monday-Friday 8pm-12am is what I'm running for.

Brutus_Clawfoot:
Monday and Friday sucks for me this coming week but Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are all good. Who is on board for one of those?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version