The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Mean Streets  (Read 9645 times)

lonnarin

Mean Streets
« on: September 02, 2014, 05:46:52 pm »
Forum thread created for the Mean Streets series!

The following users thanked this post: Brutus_Clawfoot

Lance Stargazer

*Aesthir speaks*  So what do
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 07:49:03 pm »

*Aesthir speaks*  So what do we have then?

*He looks to one side to Fleur then to the robe they are holding ,  but awaits the remarks of the ones present*

lonnarin

Fenthon, Cord and Fleur get
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 01:11:36 am »

Fenthon, Cord and Fleur get together and paint a picture based upon the evidence and what Fleur has observed from her scryings.  Adding notes from previous sessions, they come up with a composite of the suspects and the victims.  (jpeg of sketch attached)

Revenant stands human sized, very gaunt and with a withered and almost skeletal visage.  He has been seen with a ruested longsword and dark, tarnished robes with faint specks of gold peeking through.  A previous vision showed a much lighter color and signs that they were once the robes of a Rofirienite priest.  He was last seen entering the house of the Corathite cultist Evelyn Grace.  Everything he touches feels sticky and reeks of rotten flesh and incense.  He is assumed to be undead and skilled in magic.  Is a fan of hatemail and vigilante justice, always in search of "the one that got away".

His Monster stands easily at 10 feet tall and according to the indentations of his tracks, must weigh over 2000lbs.  He is adorned with thick black blademail and carries a massive double axe.  Witnesses have described his movements and furious and quick, able to leap to the rooftops of buildings and strong enough to leave a small impact crater where he lands.  He was last seen jumping into the bay of Vehl.  He reeks of rotting flesh and dried blood can be seen oozing from where the armor connects.  He is assumed to be a flesh golem following the commands of Revenant, and it is possible that the flesh used for him is gatherd from the bodies of the victims of those that he has killed.  Revenant's Monster enjoys long walks on the pier, meeting new and interesting villains, and crushing their skulls.

Both have strange, green glowing eyes.  They have been noted to be able to easily see those skilled in hiding.  Their victims so far include the following...

Trent Ragnar: Guardsman of Vehl responsible for the brutal murders of three women who had spurned his romantic intentions.  He was found spiked up in the rubble of a burned down tower in the slums district.  The pike used appeared to be a gold-plated spire ripped from the top of the temple of Rofirien.  Given the sheer strength and brutailty of the murder and the sample of rotting flesh left behind, this murder is attributed to Revenant's Monster.  The witness was spotted by the monster but ignored by him as he left.

Evelyn Grace: Masquerading as an Aeridenite charity woman, Evelyn murdered no less than 48 of the street urchins lured to her halfway house over the years.  In her basement was an altar to Corath and many cages for the children.  She was found stabbed 48 times and nailed to the wall with the onyx dagger that she used in her rituals.  Witnesses recall seeing Revenant near her house and the monster leaping into the sea, indicating that he murdered her directly.

The Cutters: A street gang of thrill-killers responsible for many murders across Mistone, half a dozen cutters met their end in one of the market squares of Vehl.  A witness on the scene was also spared.  In fact, the Monster was said to have saved the girl and her infant brother from the Cutters and left her a satchel of gold gathered from the bodies of the victims.

The Copycat Killer: Dubbing himself "Shadow of Vengeance" this man started his killing spree after Revenants early kills.  Likely his targets did not fit the code, as he was crushed by Revenant's Monster after the Shadow was suspected of killing a few petty criminals suspected of non-violent crimes.  It is noted that the strength of the monster was weaker back then than it is now, given that it took multiple bludgeoning blows to finish the job.

RollinsCat

Ty visits the Rofirinite
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 02:57:23 pm »

Ty visits the Rofirinite temple - after a thorough bath and change of clothes - and asks to speak to a judicar. He gives his name as only Ty Reid, not Ty Reid-Dragonheart.  If he's asked why he wants to speak to someone, he notes he is particularly interested in records or recollections of worshippers of Rofirein who have been convicted of crimes in which they steadfastly maintained their innocence and that it is in relation to the current happenings in Vehl.

He will also seek permission to see the books on recent, unsolved serious crimes in Vehl.

Lance Stargazer

*In the meantime Aesthir has
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 11:49:00 am »

*In the meantime Aesthir has gone thru his own investigations* // Pm sent Lonn.

lonnarin

A gnomish clerk rummages
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 04:46:06 pm »

A gnomish clerk rummages through his piling inbox, furiously scribing out letters and correspondences to the case.

/pms sent, sorry for the delay, I was backed up with 3 exams (which I aced!)

Brutus_Clawfoot

Mangus, seated at the bar;
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 08:03:03 pm »

Mangus, seated at the bar; some folk might say, other than being a bar, what he is seated at is more precisely two boards resting on two wooden horses, but in the part of Vehl where Mangus often finds himself drinking, it serves as bar enough, leans over to a new found friend, bonded by enough measures of Ironhorn bock; a grey bearded dwarf with a wooden leg and a patch over his right eye and say's " Er dunno Gimpy, on deh one han' we wants tuh catch dat guy, *burp* on deh other  han' he's kill'n all kin'a folk what deserves punish'n!"

The Grey bearded dwarf, gives Mangus a blank stare. He figured out about five rounds ago, that if he just sits there nodding his head and giving the behemouth blank stares, sooner of later Mangus will blindly buy him yet another round.

Mangus stares lovingly at his own mug. "...But den....dere's dat question er 'law'n order.' Dem humans is quick teh point dat out! *hic!* Bah! Dey DO got er point! Can't be lett'n no crackpot go runn'n around decide'n what's right an' what's wrong!"

Slowley swaying he looks over to the dwarfs mug, then to the dwarf, then to the slaad behind the bar, " Hey barkeep! How's about ernother round fer me'n Gimpy here!....*hic* ...Better make it er double!"

RollinsCat

Ty extracts himself from the
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 02:03:41 pm »

Ty extracts himself from the Rofirinte temple some time later, with notes. He locates whomever of those he knew were investigating and gives a summary of his findings.

"So yeah - got a list of the deaths here. Before you all arrived he was implicated in the murder of a healer drugging her patients to death, she was the wife of -" He checks his notes. "Shady Joe, then he whacked some enforcer for the Silver Fist gang named Slicky-Nick, and took out a guy who beat his wife to death. Then Trent, the Cutters, and Grace the Corathite. So, here's some interesting extra stuff. That copy-cat killer? His real name was Michael Edwards, ran a bar down on the docks. Just a local tough guy, nothing too special. Guess he took inspiration from the vigilante but he was killing just pickpockets and thugs as well as murderers. When the Rofies found him he'd been hacked up by what they think was a rusty longsword, arms and legs chopped first, throat slit last by the wounds. So Mr. Edwards got visited by his hero, looks like. Be interesting to visit that bar, just to be thorough.

"I did some date-matching, bout as boring as watching clay dry, but here's another thing. While I couldn't find any Rofie that's been wrongfully accused, all the killings began after the temple there was bombed in some incident with a Jester, some comedian whose brain got broke by Corathites. I wasn't around for that so fill me in if you know. So, this Jester is still supposed to be locked up in the Vehl dungeons. They haven't killed him yet 'cause they think that the Jester isn't his real personality. Captain told me it was possession or maybe Corathite brainwashing or something, they're studying him as a key to the Black Wizards. It's not a popular decision by the way. Lot of folks want him hanged yesterday. I'm thinking we might outght to pay him a visit. And quick.

"Last, there are no special racial links - most of the dead are humans but there were some halfers and dwarves in the Cutters so I don't think it's racial. The only thing we can say for certain is all of the vigilante's victims were killers. Gonna call him Vigil for short I think."

lonnarin

//Got a wide open week coming
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 01:50:50 am »

//Got a wide open week coming up!  What day would be best for you folks to run the next session?  Monday-Friday 8pm-12am is what I'm running for.

Brutus_Clawfoot

Monday and Friday sucks for
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 07:29:55 am »

Monday and Friday sucks for me this coming week but Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are all good. Who is on board for one of those?

Dorax Windsmith

Tuesday or Thursday best for
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 09:29:48 am »

Tuesday or Thursday best for me.

RollinsCat

Wed or Thursday.
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 11:30:57 am »

Wed or Thursday.

ystrday

Any day this week, except
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 04:55:43 pm »

Any day this week, except thursday or friday this week.

ystrday/Fleur

lonnarin

Spoke to a few online as well
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 05:38:02 pm »

Spoke to a few online as well said wednesday was out.  Let's try for Tuesday then, 8PM EST

Brutus_Clawfoot

Ok Thursday 8:00 eastern
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 07:36:09 pm »

Ok Thursday 8:00 eastern

lonnarin

TUeSDAY, Brutus!  Or do we
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 08:21:54 pm »

TUeSDAY, Brutus!  Or do we all want Thursday instead? 

Brutus_Clawfoot

Yup! Tuesday I mean!
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 08:30:24 pm »

Yup! Tuesday I mean!

ystrday

I will be coming on the
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 07:18:09 pm »

I will be coming on the quest! Just letting you know Lonn, that I will be running late tonight, but I will be there when I can. Thanks!

ystrday/Fleur

Brutus_Clawfoot

ack! Keep trying to jump in
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 08:37:31 pm »

ack! Keep trying to jump in but I'm getting the "player code already in use" prompt? yuck! Oh well....youn guys have fun.

Lance Stargazer

// Sorry guys. . got Flooded
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 01:25:51 pm »

// Sorry guys. . got Flooded with work last night and missed this one.  Will try to be around for the next one.

anything