The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: MAS and MAS Ships minor edits to indicate era  (Read 7729 times)

Acacea

MAS and MAS Ships minor edits to indicate era
« on: October 08, 2016, 01:13:08 pm »
When I first came back with Tori, I was surprised to hear Mistone Alliance stuff coming up IC for what was to me, the first time in ages. I found out that they were discussed on LORE and gave no indication that they'd ever ceased to exist, but I forgot about it until looking up ship classes, today... As far as I know, absolutely everything to do with the Mistone Alliance is defunct - and if there are any parts that are not, they are probably in secret, flags-and-arms-in-grandfather's-attic style. Acacea kept her flag in this way until she gave it away... *sigh* The relevant pages are:Mistone Alliance Fleet (and all subpages)Mistone Alliance (and all Ministries/subpages)I know Milo did a lot of MAS stuff, but that was a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. It could use some editing (no mention of controversies, Triumvirate is intact, say Ministry of Magic with a straight face, etc) and better integration into the "new world", but under the circumstances I suggest just adding some kind of blurb at the bottom to avoid any headaches. Something like:The Mistone Alliance, whose existence was already challenged after the death of Bloodstone, was disbanded with the death of Queen Allurial in 1410. MAS ships were decommissioned, but some, like prominent members of the Ministries, found positions serving the newly formed kingdoms.[/i] 

Acacea

I've only edited the MA and
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 06:13:57 pm »

I've only edited the MA and MAS pages to past-tense for the moment, but the subpages would likely only be accessed through the main page, anyway.

capppptalseatle

• View Profile
    Re: MAS and MAS Ships minor edits to indicate era
    « Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 07:12:46 pm »
    <span style="font-size:12px;">When I first came back with Tori, I was surprised to hear Mistone Alliance stuff coming up IC for what was to me, the first time in ages. I found out that they were discussed on LORE and gave no indication that they'd ever ceased to exist, but I forgot about it until looking up ship classes, today... As far as I know, absolutely everything to do with the Mistone Alliance is defunct - and if there are any parts that are not, they are probably in secret, flags-and-arms-in-grandfather's-attic style. Acacea kept her flag in this way until she gave it away... *sigh* </span><span style="font-size:12px;">The relevant pages are:</span><span style="font-size:12px;">Mistone Alliance Fleet (and all subpages)</span><span style="font-size:12px;">Mistone Alliance (and all Ministries/subpages)</span><span style="font-size:12px;">I know Milo did a lot of MAS stuff, but that was a loooooo</span><span style="font-size:10px;">ooooooooooooooooooooo</span><span style="font-size:8px;">oooooooooooooooooong</span> <span style="font-size:12px;">time ago. It could use some editing (no mention of controversies, Triumvirate is intact, say Ministry of Magic with a straight face, etc) and better integration into the "new world", but under the circumstances I suggest just adding some kind of blurb at the bottom to avoid any headaches. Something like:</span><span style="font-size:12px;"><em style="font-size: 14.4px;">The Mistone Alliance, whose existence was already challenged after the death of Bloodstone, was disbanded with the death of Queen Allurial in 1410. MAS ships were decommissioned, but some, like prominent members of the Ministries, found positions serving the newly formed kingdoms.[/i]</span>

miltonyorkcastle

Re: MAS and MAS Ships minor edits to indicate era
    « Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 07:26:42 am »
    I believe this was addressed, as the current pages indicate past tense for the Mistone Alliance: https://wiki.layonara.com/wiki/Mistone_Alliance and https://wiki.layonara.com/wiki/Mistone_Alliance_Fleet