The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Concept Art  (Read 1093 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

Concept Art
« on: April 05, 2010, 08:01:46 am »
Let me start with the fact that I very much like the new additions to LORE.  The concept art is very nice.  However...  they look pixelated on LORE.  Since you went from huge images to small ones, they got messed up.

My suggestion, is to link the small pictures to the large ones, much like the maps.  That way we can click on them and see them in there real resolution and with all the detail.  :)

Leanthar

Re: Concept Art
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 11:00:52 am »
For various reasons we do not want to display the full size images. Most notably because we have a book coming out with the artwork. I am fine with the reduced size and it shows people the art at least. If they want to full size they can buy the book when it comes out, totally their choice if they do that or not though.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 11:54:55 am »
Though that does remind me that we should consider some manner of index on LORE that lists the books available for purchase and where to go to get them (points to the RPGNow site).

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 04:00:13 pm »
Shiff, one thing I have noticed is that IE 8 does not display images correctly on LORE (that is the only site i have found doing it so far though) correctly. They are squished and that may be what you are talking about. If you leave the page and come back you will see the true image.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 04:18:52 pm »
http://lore.layonara.com/files/images/Armor/small/HalflingPlateArmor2.jpg

What I am referring to is the that the image (when I look at it in Firefox now) the lines of the image appear pixelated, which is common when a LARGE image (1280x 800 px etc) is shruck to a much smaller image (like down to 25%, 370x200).  Now I have no argument to compell you to make a change other than potential customers or players will look at this an possible consider it low quality, when the images are really very nice if we could see them in their original resolution.

Do what you want.  I just wanted you guys to know that there was an alternative and that I thought a change was needed.  Though you might agree that companies, even small ones, do well by presenting their concept art and previews in high resolution to show off as much detail as possible.  :)

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 06:19:55 pm »
Apart from my screen pixels themselves, the image are coming out very clean on my lcd screen at 1280 x 1024. I'm using fire fox 3.6.3. Maybe it's on your side of things shiff.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 06:44:41 pm »
No I think I just lack the vocabulary to describe what I'm seeing and why I take issue with it.  What I see is typical of shrinking a very large image to a much much smaller size.  It loses clarity, sharpness, and what were smooth lines become blocky due to the limitations of pixel-generated images.  If no one else knows what I mean, or that it's not a big enough issue to warrant any action, so be it.  I was just suggesting something I felt would be helpful

EdTheKet

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 02:47:45 am »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
No I think I just lack the vocabulary to describe what I'm seeing and why I take issue with it.  What I see is typical of shrinking a very large image to a much much smaller size.  It loses clarity, sharpness, and what were smooth lines become blocky due to the limitations of pixel-generated images.  If no one else knows what I mean, or that it's not a big enough issue to warrant any action, so be it.  I was just suggesting something I felt would be helpful
I know what you mean :) but we're not going to change it because of the reasons Leanthar outlined above.

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 03:13:23 am »
So did I, but I did not notice those effect on my lcd screen. Although the image did seemed to loose a little bit of sharpness, there were not "blocky" on my end.