The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: NPC babys  (Read 250 times)

NEXUS7

NPC babys
« on: February 17, 2006, 06:09:19 am »
OIK this is one of my mad idears

Looking at Layo and the copels that have been wed, get a house and live happly ever after, or not.
See the real work we find some one get marred and havd yes thats right Kids, but alass not on the world of Layo they are baren.

So I was thinking it would be very cool to have a birth in game, the femle would has her PC partner to get get all manner of off things for her cravings
Births could be small things or, big ones at the Tempel with all the folowers there.

Then the happy Pc copule could have there child as an NPC baby then Kid and on
they would in fact have a Familys.

I have no idear how this would work or what Layo time would meen to an NPC babys growth rate.

As the players would be well playing to save the world NPC nannys would be cool as well.

Just think of it you get invideted to a PCs house where there PC partner is there with there Kid, cool or what.
We could have an NPC kid school, just think of the insentives for saveing that place from Bloods evils.

You could as Dwaven Uncle CopperHammer to baby sit, when you get back the kids winging a hammer and says its wont to try some ale like Uncle.

Well thats my idaer

Your Nexus7

Tribble

• View Profile
    Re: NPC babys
    « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 06:34:34 am »
    Sim-Layonara! Yes!!!

-Tribble

NEXUS7

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 06:41:45 am »
    Is it not all ready?

Dorganath

RE: NPC babys
    « Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 07:00:29 am »
    There have been births in-game. I can think of five off-hand.
      There is already a holdable object which has the appearance of a swaddled baby.
      There are very, very limited options when it comes to representing children as NPCs or otherwise, because of the fact that there are limited models of an appropriate size.
      I think I can safely say that the Project/GM Teams will not be maintaining the growth of children born to PCs in-game. That's far too much work and hassle and we have way too much else to worry about at this time. Nor will we be adding NPCs to houses for characters that represent nannies or children.
      Also, to reiterate character submission rules, there are NO child PCs allowed at this time. The only way that would be allowed is if they have grown to an age of at least 18 (human years) or the appropriate equivalent in the aging of other races.
      Once a baby grows beyond the infant stage, they become RP-only people. For the foreseeable future, this won't be changing.

lonnarin

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 03:48:19 pm »
    Bjorn offered Daren Valkhenor 20,000gp for his baby.  Daddy wasn't having it at all!

Was going to have him working the forge by 5. ;)

darkwulf365

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 04:35:14 pm »
    *Coughs* it's a her and...*gets out of his Daren rant about his daughter working at any sort of forge*

*Clears his throat* Anyways, Daren and Jil's daughter was just a natural outcome, they are married after all.  And we also thought that it would provide a good character to run in the next campaign.

Even though what class she should be is an ongoing argument between the two of us (IC and OOC :))

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 06:29:26 pm »
    Big discussion . . .he knows I'll win it. . he's just too stubborn to know it yet. *Grins*

And no . . . No Forge!  Well . .at least not yet . . she will have to make hr own arrow heads someday.

orth

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 07:18:46 pm »
    Name: Sharyn Valhaikor
    Race: Half-Elf
    Alignment: CE
    Class: Ranger/Cleric
    Deity: Corath
    Domains: Death/Evil

Sold as a slave for 20,000gp to a foul smelling Dwarf before her first birthday, Sharyn quickly learned not to trust a living soul in this world.  At the age of 13 she slit her cruel master Bjornigar's throat one night when he was passed out on the floor of the bar and began her life on the run....

darkwulf365

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 07:29:32 pm »
    Heh, then be prepared to get a *lot* of petitions from me to raise Daren from the grave to give the spanking of her life...and then we get to start on the dwarf...

Hmmm...skeletal cleric that turns to dust everytime he tries to turn undead...

KageKeeper

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 07:36:33 pm »
    LOL!

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 07:48:16 pm »
    Wow. We'll have to figure out how to make some potions of Inflict Moderate Wounds...

So he doesn't destroy himself with the greenies.

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 09:11:48 pm »
    My poor little baby girl!  *Sniff*  *Sniff*  It's all Daren's fault . . .selling her to the dwarf *Wipes tears from her eyes* . . . serves him right. Raise his butt out of the dirt . . . make him go after her!  *Shakes a rolling pin at his grave* Then let me at him!  Lazy good for nothing . . . .

NEXUS7

RE: NPC babys
    « Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 01:50:30 pm »
    LOL thanks for posting back on theis one, Buy the looks of it its all been done and yes I take the point the Dm team have 1000's of other things to do.
    Love the sold baby line, RP at its best.

NExus7 Over and out

anything