The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Animal Empathy for Clerics with Animal Domain  (Read 268 times)

Lord of the Forest

Animal Empathy for Clerics with Animal Domain
« on: February 22, 2007, 07:19:03 am »
Well,
this just cae in my mind. It is possible to calm animals as a cleric with the animal domain. This is really nice if you walk around. But I just realized it doesn't really work on checks.
If you pass an animal it says you calmed an animal, but you cannot roll for it. If I type *animal empathy check* I make a roll, but my modifiert to the roll stays '0'.
If I use the dicebag it says the skill needs special training.

Are we able to change it the way that clerics with animal domain can roll said checks on quests?

Thanks, LotF

Dorganath

RE: Animal Empathy for Clerics with Animal Domain
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 07:40:57 am »
Clerics with the Animal domain have access to the passive "Mass Calming" ability we added a while back. It's not an explicit ability like Animal Empathy. Read about Mass Calming  on LORE for how it works.
  As for whether or not we can make it a roll rather than a level-based check...yeah, but upon what would the roll be based? Animal Empathy is not available as a skill to clerics.

Lord of the Forest

Re: Animal Empathy for Clerics with Animal Domain
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 07:52:10 am »
Yeah I know clerics don't have access to AE as a skill. But it could happen you need to roll for it on a quest.

About what the roll should be based on.. I thought about using the same check as for the mass calming ability. I am not much of a scripter but it should be possible to script it like that.

Dorganath

RE: Animal Empathy for Clerics with Animal Domain
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 08:31:43 am »
Well the thing is the Mass Calming check for clerics with Animal Domain isn't really a "roll" but rather a straight level-based comparison between the DC of the check (12 + creature HD) and Cleric Level + CHA modifier - 6. So the "roll" is always going to be the same.

Lord of the Forest

Re: Animal Empathy for Clerics with Animal Domain
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 06:39:40 pm »
I don't mind if the roll will be always the same .. it would rather be a check than a roll since they only use it passive anyways.
It is just a suggestion so they could use this ability on a quest. ;)