The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Armor/weapon Customization: Copy  (Read 694 times)

Frendh

Armor/weapon Customization: Copy
« on: August 23, 2012, 09:02:23 am »
(edit: gonna put this on hold, I have not actually looked at the the custom thingy here since the last time I needed to use it)
edit02: Okay, looks the same.

I know I have suggested this before, but I consider it well worth bringing up again.

A function where you copy your armor/weapon. Commonly people use a "doll" and you copy your old gear onto it. Then you equip the new armor/weapon you want to customize and copy from the doll onto your new things.

The customization doll is a lot smoother on all accounts, because you can work on the whole look in one place and you do not have to worry about losing the settings because you accidently click away the menu or whatever and is forced to start over from scratch.

You can add some more advanced options such as being able to enter a number and the part with the matching number will be brought up instead of you having to browse through a gidzillion parts to find it.

The symmetric function is also very nice, where you mirror left and right side on the doll.

I am a bit spoiled though, since I am used to being allowed to use the full range of custom parts. Magical auras, ghost lanterns, weird body parts, tattoos, changing the default skin and so on.

edit03: People complained about me walking around in default armors from like level ~1-9. It is because it is way too much work for me to customize my armor the way it is now. As in, you need to do it all over again when you get a new armor.

People who have played elsewhere have most likely bumped into a variation of the doll.

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle

Nehetsrev

Re: Armor/weapon Customization: Copy
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 11:26:51 am »
I had the opportunity to use a system with the 'doll' or 'manequin' as you've described a couple years ago on the Mystrix server.  I personally think it was an awesome system for customizing clothing and armor appearances, and it did have a copy function (as long as both sets of armor were of the same class, i.e. both were platemail).  It also had the symetry function, or you could choose to make your clothing/armor appearance asymetrical if you wanted too.

There have been many times I've wished Layonara used that same system, but I'm not sure if it would be something the dev team would consider worth the time to implement, or if they'd even have the time if they wanted too.

Dorganath

Re: Armor/weapon Customization: Copy
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 12:55:46 pm »
We do actually have a system in-game already that does something similar (no "doll", however). I don't know the details of the system you speak of directly, but I'm 99% sure this one also has a copy feature, allows for modifying both "sides" of a given part (arms, hands, etc.) and a couple other things that are pretty nice.

It's for GM-use only at the moment because it's a little permissive and lets you modify character appearance as well as clothing.  It's been on my mind to implement it for general use, but it's not been a priority to go through and restrict it appropriately.

anything