The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Character resting and inns  (Read 2394 times)

Olme

Character resting and inns
« on: October 25, 2019, 11:21:48 am »
Modify the resting system  to introduce either a (small)  penalty of some sort for characters not resting in inns or campfires  and/or give a small bonus for using an inn/campfire.

I've always felt it was just 'not right' to rest wherever you happen to be when you need to rest . Having said that , I make little effort to move my characters  to a  'proper'  rest area.

If such were introduced  flint and tinder would be a staple for the party to build a bivouac area to be able to rest well .

As to any penalty/ bonus  perhaps something other than hitpoints.. maybe a reduction in skills. 

Thoughts ?

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer

silverblades

Re: Character resting and inns
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 03:48:44 pm »
*thumbs down
There can be only One.

willhoff

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 04:55:31 pm »
Maybe more of a carrot than a stick....say if you make fire or use a safe rest area you auto go back to full health.   No penalties for resting otherwise. 

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer

Hellblazer

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 05:37:54 pm »
I like the concept of the idea, but I would add this. If there was a penalty that was given, then it should be nullified if the players use the camp fire and maybe add a tent as part of the resting process, so that the penalty doesn't apply.

silverblades

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 02:16:51 am »
Just like to point out that we are RP resting /sleeping, thusly what we see is not always what would happen. If were camping/ resting what have you, we can RP it differently depending on the individual and the circumstances. Mages need sleep or rest to acquire new spells. clerics need rest to pray for spells. Fighters need rest to recoup energy, sharpen weapons/ recharge used items. While we may see our character flop down in the dirt and knock out, they could be doing other things if we RP it out. If something should change would be to remove the snoring and zzz's visual to remove the notion we are sleeping.

That said it seems like were trying to visually display what we think should happen for us to " rest"..
Lets not forget we already have a rest timer in place.

Lets debunk the notion to make this game believable. starting off with the fact of carrying 2000+ pounds of junk. and still be able to do a whirlwind attack. Mages carrying a slew of spell components, boats that leave in a moments notice for you only !  Sailing around the world in few clicks of the mouse. Farming gems and CNR and spawns, etc etc..

that said I will not ask for encumbrance values added to game to make it more believable. Gathering CNR only once. Ships that only depart on certain days or times,  or resting only at the inn.

I think we all play this game because its not real life, stop trying to make it so. Lets just believe its magic, that's why it all works.
There can be only One.

The following users thanked this post: Serissa

anything