The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Coach  (Read 339 times)

cbnicholson

Coach
« on: May 13, 2009, 10:05:23 am »
I've seen this implemented in other worlds so its not original, but its an idea I'd love to see implemented here.  Simply, some established coach lines into and out of the interior of the continents much like ship travel.  The difference is the coach runs at regular intervals and even after purchasing a ticket, the character waits a few minutes until the next coach.   Tickets could range from fifty to a hundred true.   Of course the run would have to be across established roads that are relatively safe.  Say Hempstead/Vehl to Hlint would be viable route or Leringard to Llast.  Just an idea for those of us who refuse to purchase a horse. ;)
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

The following users thanked this post: Serissa

tlo2009

• View Profile
    Re: Coach
    « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 10:45:00 am »
    This would be cool, neat idea.

Chongo

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 12:05:37 pm »
    On the first server I played on... a long long time ago, called Lands of Acheron, they had a coach that would take you to the desert.  It was a delayed transport where you would be in an interior, and would be 'stuck' inside for about 15 minutes before arriving at the destination.  You'd also get attacked by bandits and the like on the way.  It had a persistant earthquake effect to 'feel' like you were rolling down the road.

Now, this sort of thing is neat - I just worry that it's running scripts that would drain the mod.

An instand coach transition is not going to happen though.  Same point I made in the other travel-based suggestion recently.  We don't want to make the world smaller.

Hellblazer

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 12:06:19 am »
    well 15 minute is a bit drastic, but maybe a few minutes like 5 minutes or under, would be something thinkable?