The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Combined crafting cards  (Read 348 times)

Lareth

Combined crafting cards
« on: May 13, 2009, 11:17:01 am »
While I was going through my inventory attempting to trim it somewhat I realised that I have about 20 or so crafting recipe cards... and a few duplicates of some.  So my thought is that I cant be the only one toting around that kind of number, would it be possible to have the store sell a master recipe list which has all the recipes for each craft?  I know most folks would be happy to pay more for this, and it would be really convenient and cut down on inventory space... at least in my case ;)

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Serissa, Hellblazer, Ravemore, ShiffDrgnhrt

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Combined crafting cards
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 12:45:44 pm »
Yes, and could it have the upper tier items too?  There are no Higher level crafting cards, at least none that I've ever seen.

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 02:29:42 pm »
The crafting cards initialize in the same way as crafting devices, so the recipes they display are dependent on how they're tagged.  Creating a unified set of recipe cards, while likely possible, runs the risk of causing excessive scripting lag, akin to one of each type of crafting device being activated simultaneously each time someone viewed their cards.

Hellblazer

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 02:57:34 pm »
In that case maybe a on forum recipy thread could be made available, so every one could see what is needed for all crafts, without causing lag on the server, also reducing the number of cards people would have on them. If they need a reminder on their level hence % they can always look at their crafters log book they purchase at the craft vendor.

It could be made as it is in game with a IC thread, devided by all crafts, each sub section containing what is on a reciepe card.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 03:32:30 pm »
If something like you suggest gets implemented, HB, it would be more likely to have a place on LORE than in the forums.

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 04:01:24 pm »
well either way, it would be readily available, and would reduce the number of cards they carry.

Ravemore

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 05:00:06 pm »
Agreed.. I would love to see that on LORE and be able to get rid of all of those cards.

Lareth

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 05:09:41 pm »
Some good thoughts there, I'd be happy with the Lore idea, as I didn't realise how it pulled the recipe for you... I should have figured that one out given that it gives you the %'s :)

ycleption

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 06:28:47 pm »
Some of the recipes are out of date, but a while ago vgn made this: http://forums.layonara.com/cnr-suggestions-discussion/92085-book-alchemaic-recipes.html

Maybe those knowledgeable types could use that as a base format, if they are so inclined to put something together.

darkstorme

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 11:45:15 pm »
I'm actually working on something as well - I'll see if I can get it past beta in a hurry.

Ravemore

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 02:01:33 pm »
*Bump* Just curious if this ever made it past beta?