The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Demon Card Discussion/Balancing/Ideas  (Read 974 times)

Guardian 452

Re: Demon Card Discussion/Balancing/Ideas
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 09:50:28 am »
Move the card game to Central... access it via portal in most Inns, and traveling to it by foot. (Prantz & the Hotel Layonara might be a good place for it under Broegar?)

Their is no sense in having this feature on West... its too laggy to play most times... especially with this new lag spike when most players log in. Please consider moving the card games to Central, or even East!

Dont have EVERY card for sale on the vendor.

Reventage

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
RE: Demon Card Discussion/Balancing/Ideas
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 09:58:05 am »
There is already a card game room on East.

Guardian 452

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 11:04:52 am »
Is it accessable by means other than walking, running, riding a horse or stowing away in the gunny sack of a large giant?  Such as a portal...

If so, awesome!.... if not... then it's doing little to no good in addressing the problem at hand.

Dorganath

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 11:26:54 am »
It is in one of the easiest-to-reach places on East. And if you think really hard about it, I bet you'll figure out where it's located.  :)
  (hint: it's not the Great Library)

Tialle Dianesis

• View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: January 31, 2007, 12:40:09 am »
    Just a late suggestion. When a new player first buys a starter creature deck, I believe that deck shouldn't be made up of random cards but a set pre-made deck. I have seen new players buy a starter deck and receive incredibly powerful cards like Vampires Master, Zombie Lord, Beholder, etc. This seems unfair and too unbalanced to me. Plus it takes the fun out of having to work one's way up to make a great Creature's Deck when the deck you first buy is more powerful than other players who have devoted hours into Creatures. If I remember correctly from my pokemon days back in elementary the starter deck was just a generic deck filled with the most basic cards. It would be nice if Creatures worked off the same concept.

darkstorme

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 01:41:15 pm »
    Vampire Master is a shoot-yourself-in-the-foot card, regardless.  Nice to have, but difficult to employ without getting yourself in trouble.  And back further, before Pokemon, when Magic the Gathering was the blend of the day, starter decks worked in the same way as in creatures - a mix of random cards.  It worked, and it made even buying a starter deck potentially exciting.  *grins*

Witch Hunter

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007, 12:53:00 pm »
    Actually I happened to play one out of the blue (was trying it vs wyatt) when he was spamming me with zombies/skeletons...

took me 1 turn and i had like 5 vampires+the master running at Wyatt... it was rather funny.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2007, 05:52:27 am »
    Again...
     Elder Fire Elementals should be balanced a bit... when they die their explosion deals more than 100 damage which means insta kill unless you have a potion of heroism on your creature - as for the player avatar, impossible to protect him from it.

If a fire elemental reaches your avatar the only way to get rid of it without dying is scortched earth/assassin/boomerang/mind control/warp reality - which is rather limited.

darkstorme

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2007, 06:10:15 am »
    Personally, I'd like to see Wyatt's intelligence kicked up a notch or two.  As it stands, he's using the old weighting system for the cards, and double-sacrificing Maidens, calling up Dragons when they'll kill him, and not saving assassins as the newer weighting system would suggest he should.

You should be able to pull the new weighting system and drop it in to the existing script structure with no conflicts - and it'd be nice to see Wyatt playing like he's supposed to, rather than like the rest, just with better cards.

Halfwit Genious

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 02:30:45 am »
    *eyes dodge back and forth to make sure no one is watching then he hastily adds a post* Creature cards ruuuuuuule! We need more player led competitions.

As far as cards like mind control and potion of heroism being overpowered goes there is a simple counter to mind control and that is... having your own mind controls to counter the others player's. And for potion of heroism, yes they are immune to assasination and scorched earth but those are bully tactics! Use their own potion against them by mind controling their monster. The potion stays on the monster and it turns against them.

Oh and one last thing.

Ultimate Card = Pain Golem

He sucks life directly from the opponents avatar while being incredibly tough. I once had one take on a dragon and a pit fiend at the same time alone without a potion of heroism and it won. That is over powered if anything is.

AeonBlues

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 07:13:22 am »
    O.o

The problem with card room on East, is you have to be level 17 to play there.

Brutal combos are part of the game.  Like magic, the art of building a deck is choosing cards that work well together.  The reason I beat the AI players, is not because my deck is so much better.  When starting, I play with inferior decks and win fairly consistently.  AI's are dumb.  It took year of development among like thousands of programmers to make decent chess programs.   They never made a program that can play go or  bridge or many other games, and compete against a skilled  player.  Good luck getting an AI to think, "I'd better save that lighting bolt, cause Aeon has a maiden of paradise in his hand, and will follow it up with that vampire master on turn 3.  Hmm.    

Personally, I am a big fan of the Paralyze spell.  It is a great counter to heroism, and a very effective card against pit fiends I might add.  Perhaps boomerang is too, not 100% on that.  Oh and dispel magic.  I don't see heroism as being over balanced as cards go in this kind of game.  Maybe raise the cost by 1.

I strongly agree that fire elementals are just dumb the way they are, but hey if you weaken them, you will increase my win % against wyatt.

I don't see mind control as being over powered.   It is a very nice card, but it does not feel out of balance to me.   It is a card you can expect to see, and should have appropriate counters for.   maybe boomerang is a good counter for this too.  I need to experiment with that card.  It is also a dead card against a deck that doesn't use creatures.  I use mind control in my undead deck, because that is good RP for undead.  I do not use it in my Angel beat down deck.  I mean jeez, it is not like a loxodon warhammer, where you just have to have one in every deck.  ;)  I will put 2 lightning bolts in any deck I build.  Lightning bolt is the best card in the game.

*ponders* Wish list for new cards:

Web: Cost 4: All enemy creatures become paralyzed for 3 rounds.

Maiden of strife: Cost 2.  0/2 creature, sacrifice Maiden of strife and opponent discards 2 cards.

Pillar of envy:  Cost 5.  Creates pillar next to the players generators.  Upkeep: Uses 2 power each turn.  Casts lightning bolt at the bigging of every turn. :D

I'll give new cards some more thought.

AeonBlues

Dorganath

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 08:20:39 am »
    Quote from: AeonBlues
    O.o

The problem with card room on East, is you have to be level 17 to play there.

No you don't.  Arnax can be visited by anyone. :)

That said, I don't know off-hand if the card game is still in Arnax with the next update.

Xirion

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 08:55:03 am »
    But the east server has a level req of 17 I believe and therefor somehow the cardroom aswell... maybe that was meant by that O.o

Pibemanden

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2007, 09:04:16 am »
    As Dorg stated, there are three exceptions to the level 17 rule, 1. The great library, 2. Arnax and everything within that and 3. DM quests

AeonBlues

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2007, 03:36:42 am »
    Clean sweep: Cost 4: Both players discard  all cards in their hand and draw 7 cards.

Locust Mummy: cost 5: Upkeep: Same damage penalty as vampire master: summons a 4/5 mummy.  At the bigging of every turn Locust mummy spawns a 1/1 locust creature.

Haste: Cost 1: Players most powerful creature get 1 extra attack per turn & +1/+1

bumblebee: (could be a scorpion or spider) Cost 3: Creates a 1/2 creature that poisons with every hit.  Poisoned creatures suffer a -1/-0 penalty.

anything