The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Eye of Storm Suggestion  (Read 386 times)

Interia_Discordius

Eye of Storm Suggestion
« on: May 02, 2007, 07:02:10 am »
For the monstrous races, I was wondering if they would be able to craft their armor inside the Eye of Storm area when they first log in, have a merchant selling helms or some such. Sort of like a step by step progress instead of a two room area.

My idea:
Start with enough gold to buy things from the merchants.
Have an appearance changing area.
Then the portal.

Of course, this can all be stuck in one room too...I just find step by step areas a lot easier when I first join a server, although simply placing a noticeable marker on them can work too.

Whole point of why I'm suggesting this? Because the first three seconds in Hempstead can get messy if you're drow or tiefling and you have to ask for directions on where to buy a helm that hides your scary face :)

The following users thanked this post: Odranoela

Acacea

Re: Eye of Storm Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 07:12:14 am »
Shouldn't they usually be starting in Vehl, anyway?

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 07:27:08 am »
True, I just suppose it's just more convenient and realistic for a drow/tiefling to have the helm -before- setting foot into the world, mainly because I can't imagine they'd be running around without one.

But I suppose that no-helm part at the beginning could just be OOC, and they technically have one if they run into a dark elf hater :P

Acacea

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 09:20:39 am »
Maybe we could just give everyone a little cloth hat when they start. *Nods a few times.*

I do agree that the helmless beginning is a little OOC, since they go through the heavy submission process filtering out the "look look I'm a dark elf, wooo!" mentality, so most probably wouldn't be running around without one at the start if they didn't have to jump through a few hoops first, hehe.

Kindo

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 10:12:16 am »
*Cough* A Loom in the Eye of the Storm?

Quote from: Dorganath
Great idea!

But we're already planning it.  :D

It's going to be part of that whole "Character Fixer" thing.

Patience....it's on the list.

anything