The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Flameblade and darkfire  (Read 250 times)

Force_of_Will_

Flameblade and darkfire
« on: November 11, 2005, 10:51:00 pm »
I was playing on another RP server. There they have a scabbard that you must buy for some coin(3000 gold).
The Scabbard had an unlimited use ability.It let you chose what element you wnated to cast when useing the flame spell.There was fire,cold,acid and electric.
I was wondering if there was anyway layo could incorperate it?

Also their death system Drained 1 lv from a person.That remained for 5 mins /lv realtime.
In that state a person could not gain any experience.
I though Id mention that incase you ever decide to look for new death effects.

Wintersheart

• View Profile
    RE: Flameblade and darkfire
    « Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 02:41:00 am »
    Then we would all go for acid and bypass resistances. Not sure I am keen on it since it would have gamebalance issues. Perhaps having different versions of the spell taking different spellslots would be a more balanced approach?

EdTheKet

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 03:06:00 am »
    Force_of_Will_ - 11/12/2005 7:51 AM I was playing on another RP server. There they have a scabbard that you must buy for some coin(3000 gold). The Scabbard had an unlimited use ability.It let you chose what element you wnated to cast when useing the flame spell.There was fire,cold,acid and electric. 

I think that'd be way too unbalancing.

Malc3k

• Druids
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 05:21:00 am »
    How bout if you up the price, take awy the aiblity to add acid damage and make it neccessary to cast flame sword spells(but it never gets used up)....it sounds like a nice idea other than just having fire all the time(other than enhancements)

Thought i'd change the idea a bit

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 06:06:00 am »
    Acid enhancements come from emeralds, which are the rarest and most expensive emeralds available on Layo, you can see that when someone holds an auction to sell one.

For a reason, there are fewer monsters who can resist acidic damage, now, if an item would be created that simply allowed people to use acid at will, i believe it would require additional coding and monster property changes to balance the world. Don't think the team has that much free time, since i guess they have a lot on their plate right now.

I'm not saying this because i own an acid weapon, it's obvious that we players are constantly trying to get the best equipment possible to fulfill their tasks, so if Fire/Frost/Electricity would be the element that monsters resisted less, maybe i'd be using it. It's also up to the player and the RP aspect that can dictate which element you'd use.