The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Going WAY back to old school...Psyoncics  (Read 100 times)

Nook

• View Profile
    Going WAY back to old school...Psyoncics
    « on: June 11, 2006, 06:15:39 pm »
    Any chance this gonna be in Layo2?  I always wanted to beat someone to death with my brain.

darkstorme

Re: Going WAY back to old school...Psyoncics
    « Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 11:01:57 am »
    Psionics.  And I've not heard any word about it being built into NWN2, so building it into Layo2 would be tricky.  HOWEVER....this person already came up with a way to add it to NWN1...

Eorendil

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 11:20:51 am »
    PRC has also done some extensive work with psionics as well. I've seen people take parts of their code and integrate it. So, its possible but *shrugs* it can be labor intensive.

Dorganath

RE: Going WAY back to old school...Psyoncics
    « Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 11:22:33 am »
    Not likely, but if it was rest assured it would be well-balanced to fit in line with all the other classes and abilities. I know in my old PnP gaming years, psionics really, really added a lot of power to a character and the group.
      One thing to note: It has been said time and time again that telepathy is not and will not be allowed here. The fact is that it gets abused...horribly, and people occasionally try to get away with it currently, even though it's specifically not allowed.
      IF (and that is a very big "IF") we ever go down the psionics road, telepathy will most certainly not be among the allowed powers.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 12:56:18 pm »
    Mmm, psionics. Power Points make me so much happier than spell levels.

Nook

• View Profile
      RE: Going WAY back to old school...Psyoncics
      « Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 06:15:39 pm »
      "...I know in my old PnP gaming years, psionics really, really added a lot of power to a character and the group."
      Yeah, I miss those days.  Pick up someone and beat them against a rock by just thinking about it.  We had psyco DM's though.  If you slept, you could have nightmares  that would end up you killed the whole party.

"One thing to note:  It has been said time and time again that telepathy is not and will not be allowed here.  The fact is that it gets abused...horribly, and people occasionally try to get away with it currently, even though it's specifically not allowed."

I've seen posts about this.  If they know it isn't allowed, why even try to get away with it.  The GM(s) have the final say so (DUH).  No means NO!

Anyway, thanks for the input!